No 5g icon on ATT

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Just to add a little extra here, but anyone on the "old" AT&T Unlimited Plan will only be eligible to receive the 5Ge service. You won't get 5G or 5G+ unless you change your plan to the "new" Unlimited Plan. It might be a worthwhile change for most people, but I have 2 Netgear Nighthawk hotspots on the "old" plan and I can't keep them if I switch to the new unlimited, so I'm sticking with my current plan and will suffer with 5Ge...which will still be way better than anything 4G related.

I upgraded, and finally moved on from my grandfathered unlimited data plan. There were so many more bonuses in the new bundle and the biggest factor was that it actually reduced my bill by $25 a month! I barely get a single 4G bar let alone 5Ge ( my new connection signal) in my house, but I do have wifi calling working perfectly. And now I am getting a cheaper bill as well, so it was worth it for me.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, if it weren't for the 2 hotspots on our plan, we would probably upgrade as well. My mom and sister both live in rural areas with only phone line DSL or satellite (which are both awful) as internet options. The hotspots get great signal though and gives them both unlimited internet for about $20 a month. Even if they could get regular high speed internet, it would cost them about $80/month so the new unlimited plan would need to save us at least $120/month just to break even. For most people though, the new unlimited plans look like a pretty good deal though.