No anti-virus for AT&T branded

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got a new AT&T locked S23 Ultra today and noticed there is no option in battery and device care for anti-virus. YouTube videos show the option there. Can someone with an AT&T S23 series elaborate on this? It's not a big deal, but was just curious.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Just got a new AT&T locked S23 Ultra today and noticed there is no option in battery and device care for anti-virus. YouTube videos show the option there. Can someone with an AT&T S23 series elaborate on this? It's not a big deal, but was just curious.
Unlocked Firmware has them , I'm also on AT&T locked Carrier S23 Ultra , using Unlocked Firmware on it.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I've never used antivirus on any version of Linux, which includes android. As long as one avoids apps from dodgy sites that aren't Google Play, Galaxy Store or Amazon App Store, and doesn't access things like banking apps via public WiFi, then antivirus is not needed.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I've never used antivirus on any version of Linux, which includes android. As long as one avoids apps from dodgy sites that aren't Google Play, Galaxy Store or Amazon App Store, and doesn't access things like banking apps via public WiFi, then antivirus is not needed.
Laura, you are correct. In almost 99% of cases, an anti-virus on a phone is unnecessary. Nevertheless, I use Eset just as an added measure of security. I had seen that Samsung was including AV on the S23 series and was just curious to see what it was.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Laura, you are correct. In almost 99% of cases, an anti-virus on a phone is unnecessary. Nevertheless, I use Eset just as an added measure of security. I had seen that Samsung was including AV on the S23 series and was just curious to see what it was.
I used to use Eset on my desktop PC but just use Windows Defender now. It's good enough for what I do.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
No McAffee? Sounds like a point in the AT&T locked variants favour.

You don't need a third party anti-virus on anything anymore. It's actually very annoying... I spent about a decade trying to get windows users to install an AV and firewall, and then windows defender happened and I've had to spend the last deccade trying to convince those same windows users to get rid of their third party AV and firewall. Well played, Microsoft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali