No car kit bluetooth while Aux stereo cord is plugged in.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I am still testing the ET and Photon. I just found this problem today. If you have the ET connected to an auto Bluetooth carkit and also have a stereo cable connected from the ET to the AUX jack on the stereo, incoming and outgoing calls will not have sound unless you unplug the AUX cable, then it works fine. This is ridiculous and silly as most of us that use carkits would also want to listen to music as well. If there is a special setting on the ET that I am not aware of , please let me know. I am going crazy with this one major glitch.

I am sure there are users that have Bluetooth A2DP built in to their streets and don't need an AUX cable. For those users everything probably works fine. My Photon and EVO 3D work fine, as did my EVO 4G. Let me know if anyone else is having this problem.

Also noticed that visual voicemail does not work with Bluetooth on this device either as well as the Photon. Doesn't Sprint test these phones before approving them? You have to wonder.

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of upgrading my car's stock radio with an HD radio receiver that has built-in Bluetooth so I can use it with the phone for calls as well as to listen to music. If I did that I probably wouldn't ever need to be using both BT and a plugged in headphone at the same time.

What's the issue with visual voicemail? Can you not hear messages over BT?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of upgrading my car's stock radio with an HD radio receiver that has built-in Bluetooth so I can use it with the phone for calls as well as to listen to music. If I did that I probably wouldn't ever need to be using both BT and a plugged in headphone at the same time.

What's the issue with visual voicemail? Can you not hear messages over BT?

I did this recently, except without the HD radio part. Best decision I ever made. I was using a Bluetooth FM transmitter to listen to audio books in the car. Yeah that was frustrating.

So back to the bug, because of the above, I haven't experienced it, since I use blue tooth for both calls and audio. I'll test Voicemail when I drive home today. Sucks about the aux jack though. I guess the phone doesn't know what to do with the sound when something is plugged into the 3.5mm jack?

arob814

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, I listen to music through the head set jack, but when i get a call, I like to use my bluetooth ear piece. I had the photon and it would give me the option to switch, and when the call was over it would automatically go back to playing the music through the headset jack. A small problem, but definitely an annoyance.

delao13

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I too am having the problem of not being able to use my car's built-in BT for calls when the stereo cable is plugged in.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Received confirmation from Samsung that there will be no fix for this. It was made this way on purpose. I guess the Epic 4g does the same thing. I am not buying a $400 stereo system just to use this phone properly. What was Samsung thinking? Every other Android device works the correct way.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Received confirmation from Samsung that there will be no fix for this. It was made this way on purpose. I guess the Epic 4g does the same thing. I am not buying a $400 stereo system just to use this phone properly. What was Samsung thinking? Every other Android device works the correct way.

Well, if it's any consolation, I bought a fairly nice Sony deck with CD and bluetooth from Crutchfield.com for $150 no sales tax. Yeah I had to install it myself but they provide installation kits for free with a deck purchase and it was pretty easy.

Anyhoo, I do agree though that you shouldn't have to do this. I'm curious... does it work this way with the car dock as well?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Regular voicemail does work over Bluetooth but not visual voicemail.

I can confirm that Sprint's default visual voicemail app plays over Bluetooth on my Sony car stereo. However, I've noticed other odd behaviors. I don't know if its typical or not, but I can hear all my phone's system sounds over bluetooth as well. Most notably, the screen lock/unlock sound and notification alerts. I hadn't had this experienced with other bluetooth devices.

I'll test visual voicemail in my Infiniti QX56 when I have the chance (the wife gets the good car so I only drive it on weekends heh).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlgulliver