No connection even over wifi

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
So I'm at work connected via wifi and I can't load anything -- Facebook, Instagram, Google Now, Chrome. I would blame it on T-Mobile but I'm using wifi so I should have a connection. Phone calls and text message DO work.

HELP?!?!

CKR83

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I know this will sound trite, but try and reboot. I had something like that happen a few days ago, and a reboot cleared it up.

CKR83

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Okay this might be a dumb question, but... does your company block those sites? Also, is your phone authorized to BE connected to the company wifi? Sometimes it can LOOK like you're connected, but while you're actually connected to the network, you're also blocked from the internet. Again, these might be dumb questions, since I'm assuming that the phone did work at one point, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Also, did you try and make it 'forget' that network, then log in and re-input the wifi key?

Phone calls and texts work because they're all going over your G3/4/lte connection. If you really need to get to the other sites -- and you have the download quota -- you could just turn off wifi and use the cell connection. Unless you're pulling down a bunch of pictures, it shoudln't be too costly in terms of bandwidth. OF course, if you only have like a 1g plan, it might be an issue.

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree this sounds like a company block
Does your phone say its connected ?
also check the home page is not set to T Mobile try Google as there mobile page only works via a cell connection
Have you tried this at home ?
or try a starbucks wifi as facebook does work via them

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Valid suggestions, but I run the company and do all of the IT so I'm not blocked. :D Tried forgetting it and re-enetering the password -- connects but still won't load anything.

It was working just yesterday so I'm lost as to what the problem is.

I appreciate all of the suggestions!

CKR83

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Well then. The only other thing I can think of is that I *thought* I heard ppl were having problems until they updated to Kitkat 4.4.4 Maybe you can look into that? Otherwise, I got nuthin, sorry :(