No GPS after JB

jz8

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My GPS will not lock after the JB update. Will be calling V tech support but wondering first if others have had problems.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
While on ics the GPS was having issues so I did a reset, worked for about a month then started going wonky. About that time JB came out and I updated and did a factory reset right away, GPS was fine for about a week then started failing locking. Did a factory reset again fixed it for a couple of days then same thing, no lock. I had it replaced and the new one locks super fast, like under 10 seconds fast. You might have a hardware issue. Carrier will have you do a factory reset as a fix solution so keep that in mind

jz8

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks JD. I will have a few slow days and will have to do it.

Airlid

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both have GS3's and the GPS has stopped working on both phones. I re-start the phones and the GPS works for a couple of days and then stops. Have not tried factory re-set yet. This started after the Jelly Bean update.

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site
My GPS will not lock after the JB update. Will be calling V tech support but wondering first if others have had problems.

Mine was stuck on "Searching for GPS...". I downloaded "GPS Status & Toolbox" and used it to reset my GPS and I have locked on pretty quickly now. When you start the app, hit Menu > Tools > Manage A-GPS state > Reset.

Hope that fixes your issue like it did mine.

StorminDT

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both have GS3's and the GPS has stopped working on both phones. I re-start the phones and the GPS works for a couple of days and then stops. Have not tried factory re-set yet. This started after the Jelly Bean update.

same problem here. GPS Status and Toolbox doesn't fix it. Only a reboot.

mojoman1234

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine was stuck on "Searching for GPS...". I downloaded "GPS Status & Toolbox" and used it to reset my GPS and I have locked on pretty quickly now. When you start the app, hit Menu > Tools > Manage A-GPS state > Reset.

Hope that fixes your issue like it did mine.

I'm having this issue too. "GPS status and toolbar' reset didn't help. Reboot doesn't fix it either. Endless "looking for GPS location".

Any new ideas on correcting this?

Sagellih

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
We're having the same problem with my wifes phone but not mine. Any link amongst phones having same problem? Her's is the white 16gb S3. Haven't attempted the phone reset yet. Tried un install on Maps and reinstalled, no luck.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Giancarlo Rossignol

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I just found the answer to this problem after searching through many different forums. This will work and is so simple it is kind of irritating lol.

Go to Settings
Scroll to "Accounts" Section
Select google
Go to location settings
Enable location

Good luck to all you android users out there with this problem!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AquavaMyalis90