No notification badges in dock icons in Microsoft Launcher

razor1973

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So I just installed MS Launcher to compare to my all-time favorite Nova Launcher Pro and, so far, I like most of it after taking the time to configure it to my liking. I do have one problem I can't figure out.

My dock icons (which were restored from Nova during install and I don't know how much this has to do with the problem) as Gmail, Samsung Browser, Samsung Phone, Textra and Samung Camera. Whenever I get notifications in any of those, the badge doesn't show. What's worse is that Samsung Internet does show a badge that reads (4) and there are no notifications pending at all. I have even rebooted the phone and that (4) is still there, opened the browser and gone through every option to see if anything is pending... nothing. So it's like the notification badges work well in the home screen, but not in the dock... at least for me.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
I'm experiencing this as well sporadically on a few app badges. I'm running Oreo 8.0.0 and there's a setting for badges now in the OS settings. I find that turning that off then on clears the issue. Not sure that this is a launcher bug as much as an OS bug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174