No notifications for Gmail on note9

imemine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Suddenly my note9 stop sending me automatic notifications for email onto my phone I have no idea why. I've talked to Verizon they tried to help me and the only way I can get my emails if I go in and refresh. Anybody have any ideas why this is? Thanks in advance.

I couldn't find a note 9 category so I'm putting it under the closest thing I can find

imemine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Actually a few days ago I just turned on my battery power saving mode from off to Mid. Do you think that would do it? Should I make an exception for Gmail? Or just turn it back to off and see if it works first?

imemine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
OMG I've been working on this all day long turning things off and on deleting accounts . I turned it back to off and emails came through right away. Is there a way I can make an exception for Gmail? I should have came here first

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
OMG I've been working on this all day long turning things off and on deleting accounts . I turned it back to off and emails came through right away. Is there a way I can make an exception for Gmail? I should have came here first

In the settings for Mid Power Saving, turn on background network usage. By default it’s off and keeps apps from accessing WiFi and mobile data (ie gmail)

imemine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
You are brilliant. Thank you so much. I love you, you know in that Android technical type of way LOL
I swear I've been talking to Verizon I've been turning things off and on almost for 5 hours now. Next time I will come to Android Central right off the bat. Thank you again. You're a genius.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
LOL, that's great! Kudos to @mhunter6378 for the solution.:)

This is why I never use power-saving modes -- you can never be sure what gets compromised for the sake of the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s