No os installed are you sure you wish....

Jorden Adler

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello i just got my new SGS5 and rooted it so i can try new stuff but i am new to thes kinda stuff so i rooted using the twrp method
and i was stupid enoughto delete my entire os.
i know that was stupid but pleas can someone help me and tell what to do im scared and i just got this new phone.
so please please someone help me
im stuck in a boot loop and i dont know what to do

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello i just got my new SGS5 and rooted it so i can try new stuff but i am new to thes kinda stuff so i rooted using the twrp method
i know that was stupid but pleas can someone help me and tell what to do im scared and i just got this new phone.

Hello and welcome to Android Central Jorden Adler!

You will need to download and flash your phone's original, stock, firmware by following the instructions and video in the the links of #1.11 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

You will need to know which of the 40 models of Galaxy S5 you have as well as which country you are in and which carrier, if the phone was carrier branded, you are on.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

Jorden Adler

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Ok im pretty sure i got my model number firmware but im not sure what do you mean by branded
if you mean i got my phone locked then no.
i download a zip file and in there is a MD5 file is that it?
and for some reason every time connect my device to the computer via USB while it is searching for the drivers it downloads all the drivers except for the MTP drivers it says failed to download drivers.

Last edited:

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

I've done this to a galaxy tab 3 once. I was without it for a week because I could not find the correct firmware for it. I just used Samsung Kies Emergency Firmware Recovery and it restored my tablet with the latest update. (if there is one for your model) I hope this helps and works for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jorden Adler

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
i download kies and enter the phone into odin mode or something it says "downloading do not turn off target"
now it seems the kies has recognize my phone but its stuck on connecting and then it says phone not responding reboot you device i don't know why. and when i tried the recovery method you said i typed my model number but its says please check your model number and enter it again.
my model number is SM-G900F

Jorden Adler

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
can i maybe install the os using odin? cuz when i hook up my phone to the pc i see that odin recognize my device it says in the blue box COM3 so that mean access the phone?
and move the firmware that i installed into the phone using odin?
is that possible?

Jorden Adler

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I DID!!!!!!!!
i opened up odin connected my phone to the pc and add the firm ware to the device downloaded installed it into the phone and IT WORKED!!!!
Thank you very much for helping really you actually gave me and idea and understand again THANK YOU

Deventom

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey i have the same problem as you , and fortunately i have the same Model as you (SM-G900F)
can you please tell me step by step what you did in order to solve your problem !
because i also rooted my phone , but i accidentally ended deleting my OS , now im stuck with a rooted SGS5 with no OS .
so i want to revert it to stock firmware cause rooting has been a nightmare for me.
i'd really appreciate it if you tell me what you did step by step!:(

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey i have the same problem as you , and fortunately i have the same Model as you (SM-G900F)
can you please tell me step by step what you did in order to solve your problem !
because i also rooted my phone , but i accidentally ended deleting my OS , now im stuck with a rooted SGS5 with no OS .
so i want to revert it to stock firmware cause rooting has been a nightmare for me.
i'd really appreciate it if you tell me what you did step by step!:(

Hello and welcome to Android Central Deventom!

You will need to download the stock Samsung firmware for your model of phone and CSC code and flash it to your phone using Odin and by carefully and thoroughly reading the instructions and watching the video in the links of #1.11 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. Since this is stock firmware, it will un-root you and you will need to re-root again.

Deventom

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello, i have downloaded Odin and i have found the firmware of my Samsung Galaxy s5 from the Sam mobile website , i found the firmware by conducting a search in the website by typing in my Model number : SM-G900F and choosing the correct one by filtering out the one depending on my country , so SM-G900F is the European model and then i choose my Firmware depending on my country , i also downloaded the Samsung usb drivers , so all im waiting on now is actually downloading the Firmware because i have really slow internet in my country and i don't know how to get the firmware other than online.
so after i do that my phone will become un-rooted right? i dont want to re-root it

Jorden Adler

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Type in youtube "how to install lolipop on the galaxy s5 (inam ghafoor channel)" because im not allowed to post links in this website i cant provide u with it.
The link above will direct u to a video on how i fixed my phone after deleting my OS like a and *****.
Just to make it clear the same instructions that u will receive in the video are the same as the instructions the people that responded to u about your problem (deleting your OS).
in-case u dont know what u are doing,take a look at the video and u will be surprise on how simple this is.
this video helped me and hopefully it will help u :).

Waqar919

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
How to Update / Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S5 Easily
Inam Ghafoor

I followed this video and did what Jorden Adler did before so i have an issue.

I put in md5 G900F using odin3 then when i put my phone on the Samsung sign comes and it doesn't turn on

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Try wiping your phone's cache partition as per #1.3 of S5 Update Problems - Dummies Guide to see if that boots your phone.

The firmware that is shown in that YouTube guide is the stock, unbranded, Samsung firmware for Lollipop for Poland and is only intended for the international model, G900F and none of the other 41 models of Galaxy S5. Flashing any stock Samsung firmware will unroot you and replace any custom recoveries such as TWRP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci