No Phone Book in Car

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a 2011 Camaro with a stock head unit. When the Note 9 links to it, the contacts do not show up and the call lists are empty each time it reconnects. I have tried deleting the pair and redoing it as well as deleting the phone from the head unit and redoing it to no avail. Does anyone have a clue on how to get the contacts to show up as they should? Every phone I have had before this one has worked fine. Thanks in advance for the advice.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Check the settings for your vehicle's Bluetooth connecting on your phone. Mine shows a button that can be toggled on and off.

Attachments

• 3960.jpg
    3960.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 44

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Not at all. Set up the same way as always. The phone is just not sharing the contacts list at all. It only shares the call lists of calls made after it connects too.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2012 equinox and sometimes I would get this error on my old BlackBerry and S7E, I haven't had this issue since having my Note8. I've read on other chevy forums, it's something to do with the software on the vehicle and properly connecting to the device, especially Android devices, that it doesn't always carry over the phone book. try delete the pair and both device from car and car from phone, and try again maybe?

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
If that's the case, might look into of the factory stereo can be reset (maybe a soft reset). The CAN-BUS systems in modern cars are prone to weird errors. The second memory seat setting on my Chrysler want wiring for the better part of a year until I took it in for some unsalted recall items. The dealer reset a bunch of things while it was there and the seat has been working since.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Sadly I have already tried to delete all pairing on both the phone and the radio. To answer the other question, yes I have paired many phones with this and no issues. The latest was a 9+.