No sound when i receive a text?

ilhan80

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Noticed a strange thing on my evo today..Whenever im on the home screen and i receive a a text, i hear the text sound. However, if i am already on the text screen with someone, and we are exchanging texts, i got no text sound..Is this some sort of setting that i can fix?

ilhan80

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
No because it's open and if its open than there is no need to notify you!

But i could be wrong :p

Never had or heard of a phone do that before, if that is truly the case...It makes no sense that you would have to constantly stare at your phone to see if you received a text if message box is already open...

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It happens for me as well. I have to "quit" the messages app by tapping Home if I want to be notified of a response. If I don't, I miss replies after the display goes to sleep and I still have the thread on the screen. Very annoying.

Shootin4aces

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
i've had the same issue as well, no way i found to fix it really while stock.... rooting and flashing a new rom did the trick for me but not everyone wants to do that.... wish i could be more helpful :)

Dusty

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine does it too and its a pain sometimes. If I just throw my phone back down without going back to the home screen and forget about it then I catch hell for ignoring my messages.

My girls LG Optimus does it too.

JamesKBoyd

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately this is the case with the Evo, and there is no setting to control it. There may be a custom ROM out there somewhere that addresses the issue, but I do not want to hack my phone because I believe that voids the insurance. Also, I would have no clue what I was doing if I tried to root my phone, and I am afraid that I may end up with a brick.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Go over to xda developers and try this app "wimax notifier" it'll at least give you a separate light for text notofications