No verizon??

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Coming to Verizon in June as the DROID Incredible One. ;)

You joke, but the fact is that this is a very real possibility...and THAT makes me sad.

Stay tuned.

Well whatever you know and won't tell us, I am waiting for the Moto X phone, so I have at least until then for things with this phone on Verizon to develop. If the X phone doesn't pan out, I can easily see myself with this baby (of course if it's untouched by Verizon)...on second thought, that probably won't happen. Yup, definitely leaving Verizon the instant my contract expires.

Why can't HTC just sell the One as a developer/off-contract phone that works on Verizon? I'd gladly pay full retail for a bloat-free and unadulterated HTC One that I could use on Verizon's network. I'm tired of the crap on Verizon's phones that I do not want!!!

Even if HTC made a phone that had VZW LTE bands, VZW still has the right to refuse any "unauthorized" phone to be on their network. What this means, that even if you bought this phone off contract from somewhere NOT Verizon, you still can't get it on their network unless they have made an agreement with HTC to "authorize" it. This is the same reason that if the Nexus 4 had LTE, you still can't use it on VZW.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
A different camera than the ONE as well.

I hope for their sake Verizon announces something soon. Just got e-mail from HTC confirming they will give me a $100 gift card if I purchase a ONE before 3/31. Verizon has until 3/29 to keep me from going to AT&T.

I haven't seen a single phone at MWC that interests me in the slightest as compared to the ONE at this point. I don't want a phablet. I need portability and powerful processing. I've got a plethora of other devices to provide big screen entertainment.

Not necessarily different. Some early one prototypes had a camera that stacked three 4.2 megapixel sensors on top of each other, with each only being tuned to capture one color. Even though it was only 4.2 megapixels, they registered as 13.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Well..seems nothing has really changed. If they're going to release a version of it (IF), then it looks like it'll take some time.
Today from HTC One Still Coming To Verizon ?

HTC One at Verizon ? Release Date Still A Few Months Away ?

Verizon hasn?t yet shown any interest into retailing the HTC One, and obviously, the carrier did not explain why that is. That?s not how it works. However, according to an HTC tipster who goes by the name of @LlabTooFeR (formerly known as Football4PDA who delivered some pretty accurate HTC-related leaks in the past), Verizon is actually working on bringing the HTC One to its roster, and that at this point, Big Red has the HTC One under testing.

According to the above mentioned tipster?s tweet, the One could arrive on Verizon?s shelves ?in 3-4 months?, but of course, since this is not official info, there?s no way of knowing for sure if the handset will arrive sooner, earlier than that, or at all.

In any case, if Verizon is indeed planning on launching the HTC One on its network, one has to wonder why isn?t the carrier interested in releasing the handset this month, as everyone else (we are thinking it has something to do with the HTC Droid DNA ? which is still pretty fresh)? What?s there to test for the next four months?? Who knows?!? Once again, if this turns out to be true, then it?s one of those Verizon-specific decisions that don?t make a lot of sense. Anyway, we?ll keep you posted as soon as we find out more.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Well..seems nothing has really changed. If they're going to release a version of it (IF), then it looks like it'll take some time.
Today from HTC One Still Coming To Verizon ?

HTC One at Verizon ? Release Date Still A Few Months Away ?

Verizon hasn?t yet shown any interest into retailing the HTC One, and obviously, the carrier did not explain why that is. That?s not how it works. However, according to an HTC tipster who goes by the name of @LlabTooFeR (formerly known as Football4PDA who delivered some pretty accurate HTC-related leaks in the past), Verizon is actually working on bringing the HTC One to its roster, and that at this point, Big Red has the HTC One under testing.

According to the above mentioned tipster?s tweet, the One could arrive on Verizon?s shelves ?in 3-4 months?, but of course, since this is not official info, there?s no way of knowing for sure if the handset will arrive sooner, earlier than that, or at all.

In any case, if Verizon is indeed planning on launching the HTC One on its network, one has to wonder why isn?t the carrier interested in releasing the handset this month, as everyone else (we are thinking it has something to do with the HTC Droid DNA ? which is still pretty fresh)? What?s there to test for the next four months?? Who knows?!? Once again, if this turns out to be true, then it?s one of those Verizon-specific decisions that don?t make a lot of sense. Anyway, we?ll keep you posted as soon as we find out more.

Blah. This is very annoying to say the least. Think I'm going to grab a GN2 and call it a day.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what to do.. I also don't know if anyone is reading this, but what would you do?
My Verizon contract is up in June.
I want this phone and have been following development since December, at least.
If you were in my shoes, would you get rid of Verizon now and just pay off the contract or wait to see what, if anything, will be here in June?
I just need some input! Thanks! ..and I won't settle for anything but this phone. Nothing else will do.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what to do.. I also don't know if anyone is reading this, but what would you do?
If you were in my shoes, would you get rid of Verizon now and just pay off the contract or wait to see what, if anything, will be here in June?
I just need some input! Thanks! ..and I won't settle for anything but this phone. Nothing else will do.

I would personally wait and see. You will probably know for sure by just of it will come to verizon. Plus that will give you time to see the other heavy hitters of the first half of the year. Paying out early Imo is always a last resort

Sent from my SCH-I535

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of us from another forum who are starting an email campaign to Verizon.
No, we're not being disrespectful; we're keeping it as professional as we can, but letting the higher ups know how we feel about them not carrying the phone, and how our business will be lost if they don't carry the phone, or their own variant of it. If anyone is up for it, please join us in expressing your opinion to these people. You can email them from here:
Leadership | Verizon Wireless | Verizon Wireless

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Looks like you won't be in the market for a new phone until June. I wouldn't worry about anything right now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site

Thank you @DreamSTi. Here's what the link says:

Back in early February, we caught wind of a new HTC device that appeared to be headed to Verizon under the codename ?DLXPLUS.? For those not familiar with the naming convention, think of the DROID DNA as the ?DLX.? At first, we were hoping that this would be Big Red?s version of the HTC One because the purported specs matched up exactly, but since we know now that the device is landing everywhere but there, we?ll assume this phone must be something somewhat different. Will it be the DROID DNA+ or perhaps the DROID ONE (not likely ?One?)?

Over the weekend, a device under the model number HTC6445LVW stopped by Bluetooth SIG to pick up a certification. While there isn?t a mention of the codename ?DLXPLUS,? we?re sort of assuming here that it?s the same device. The DROID DNA runs under the model number HTC6435LVW and codename ?DLX,? so it would make a lot of sense for 6445 to be the next in line. Also, the ?VW? in the model number stands for Verizon Wireless, in case you were wondering.

In the previous spotting of the DLXPLUS, we got what are being reported as potential specs, all of which match up to the One. The device should have a 4.7″ 1080p FHD display, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor clocked at 1.7GHz, 2.1MP front camera, 13MP rear camera (or is it a 4MP UltraPixel?), 16GB internal storage, Jelly Bean, and Sense 5.0.

It would have been foolish for Verizon to completely pass up on HTC?s newest device, even if they only think they can only sell phones branded as DROID, Galaxy, and the iPhone. But one way to make it fit their needs, is to brand it ?DROID,? slap a fun name on it, and then promoted it their own way outside of HTC?s One campaign.

Verizon folks, there is still a chance that you get a device similar to the One, it just won?t be called the One.

Back in early February, we caught wind of a new HTC device that appeared to be headed to Verizon under the codename ?DLXPLUS.? For those not familiar with the naming convention, think of the DROID DNA as the ?DLX.? At first, we were hoping that this would be Big Red?s version of the HTC One because the purported specs matched up exactly, but since we know now that the device is landing everywhere but there, we?ll assume this phone must be something somewhat different. Will it be the DROID DNA+ or perhaps the DROID ONE (not likely ?One?)?

Over the weekend, a device under the model number HTC6445LVW stopped by Bluetooth SIG to pick up a certification. While there isn?t a mention of the codename ?DLXPLUS,? we?re sort of assuming here that it?s the same device. The DROID DNA runs under the model number HTC6435LVW and codename ?DLX,? so it would make a lot of sense for 6445 to be the next in line. Also, the ?VW? in the model number stands for Verizon Wireless, in case you were wondering.

In the previous spotting of the DLXPLUS, we got what are being reported as potential specs, all of which match up to the One. The device should have a 4.7″ 1080p FHD display, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor clocked at 1.7GHz, 2.1MP front camera, 13MP rear camera (or is it a 4MP UltraPixel?), 16GB internal storage, Jelly Bean, and Sense 5.0.

It would have been foolish for Verizon to completely pass up on HTC?s newest device, even if they only think they can only sell phones branded as DROID, Galaxy, and the iPhone. But one way to make it fit their needs, is to brand it ?DROID,? slap a fun name on it, and then promoted it their own way outside of HTC?s One campaign.

Verizon folks, there is still a chance that you get a device similar to the One, it just won?t be called the One.

htc-dlxplus-bluetooth-650x567.jpeg

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
The latest from Verizon HTC One HTC6445LVW (HTC M7) Detailed Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net shows a possible release in May:
Detailed Technical Datasheet of Verizon HTC One HTC6445LVW (HTC M7)
Brand: Verizon
Browse Verizon devices
Manufacturer: HTC
Browse all devices manufactured by HTC
Hardware:Designer: HTC
Project:Codename: HTC M7
Browse all devices under HTC M7 codename
Model:ID: PN07300
Expected_Release;Date: May, 2013
Predecessor-Model: Verizon HTC Droid DNA ADR6435 / Droid Incredible X HTC6435LVW (HTC DLX)
Physical+Attributes
Dimensions
(width x height x depth): 68.2 x 137.4 x 9.3 millimetres
2.7 x 5.4 x 0.4 inches
Bounding;Volume: 87.1 cubecentimetres
Mass: 143 grams (battery included)
Software+Environment
Embedded+Operating-System: Google Android 4.1.2
Browse devices running this OS
Operating+System:Kernel: Linux 3.4.0
Microprocessor,:Chipset
CPU-Clock: 1700 MHz
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 APQ8064T
Browse devices based on Snapdragon 600 APQ8064T
Width:eek:f_Machine_Word: 32 bit
CPU_Core: 4x Qualcomm Krait 300
Level;1_cache: 16KiB data cache / 16 KiB instruction cache
Level-2;cache: 2048 KiB
Instruction;Set: ARMv7
Memory,+Storage;capacity
RAM+type: LPDDR2 SDRAM
RAM_capacity: 2048 MiB
ROM+type: Flash EEPROM
Graphical+subsystem
Display;Type: Supported
Display+Color:Depth: 24 bit/pixel (16777216 scales)
Display-Diagonal: 4.7 " (119 millimetres)
Display_Resolution: 1080 x 1920 (2073600 pixels)
Viewable;Display:Size: 2.3 " x 4.08 " (58.34 x 103.72 millimetres)
Pixel_density_(dot:pitch): 470.2 pixel/inch (0.05402 millimetre/pixel)
Graphical-Controller: Qualcomm Adreno 320
Video:eek:ut: 1920x1080 (1080p) FHD resolution
USB Series Micro-B (Micro-USB) with MHL connector

Audio+Subsystem
Audio-Channel(s): stereo sound
Microphone(s): stereo sound
Loudspeaker(s): stereo sound
Audio;Output: 3.5mm plug
Cellular-Phone
Cellular_Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS2100 (B1)
Cellular+Data:Links: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+
Cellular;Antenna: Internal antenna
Call;Alert: 64 -chord melody (polyphonic)
Vibrating_Alert: Supported
Speakerphone_: Supported
Phone_Controller: Qualcomm MDM9615M
Secondary:Cellular_Phone
Dual+Cellular:Network;Operation: Selectable cellular module
Secondary_Cellular+Networks: CDMA800 (BC0), CDMA1900 (BC14), LTE700 (B13)
Secondary_Cellular_Data+Links: cdmaOne, CDMA2000 1xRTT, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rel. 0, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev A, LTE
Secondary:Cellular;Antenna: Internal antenna
Secondary;Phone;Controller: Qualcomm MDM9615M
Control:peripherals
Positioning+Device: Multi-touch screen
Primary;Keyboard: Not supported
Directional_Pad: Not supported
Scroll:Wheel: Not supported
Interfaces
USB: USB 2.0 host/client, Hi-Speed (480Mbit/s), USB On-The-Go 1.3 compliant
USB Series Micro-B (Micro-USB) connector
Bluetooth;(802.15): Bluetooth 4.0, Internal antenna
Wireless;LAN/Wi-Fi;(802.11): IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac
Internal antenna
Infrared+Gate: Supported
Multimedia+Broadcast
Analog;Radio: FM radio (76-108MHz) with RDS radio reciever
Proprietary headset as antenna
Digital+Media:Broadcast: Not supported
Satellite-Navigation
Built-in_GPS+module: Supported
GPS:protocol: NMEA 0183
GPS_Antenna: Internal antenna
Complementary-GPS:Services: Assisted GPS, QuickGPS, Geotagging, Simultaneous GPS
Navigation_Chip(set): Qualcomm APQ8064T gpsOne
Built-in_Digital_Camera
Sensor_Type: CMOS sensor
Resolution: 2400 x1800 pixels (4.32MP)
Autofocus;(AF): Supported
Optical-Zoom: 1 x
Macro-Mode: Supported
Built-in-Flash: mobile light (LED)
Camcorder: 1920x1080 pixels , 60frame/sec
Recordable_Image_Formats: JPG
Recordable+Video+Formats: 3GP, 3G2, MPEG4
Built-in_Secondary;Digital-Camera
Sensor+Type: CMOS sensor
Resolution: 1920 x1080 pixels (2.07MP)
Camcorder: 1920x1080pixels
Recordable-Image_Formats: JPG
Recordable:Video;Formats: 3GP
Power-Supply
Battery-Technology: Lithium-ion polymer battery
Battery;Build: built-in
Battery_Capacity: 2300 mAh
Additional:Details
Built-in+accelerometer: Supported
Additional_Features:

HTC M7_WLV
capacitive touchscreen
Corning Gorilla Glass 2 screen
built-in digital compass
HSPA+ 42Mbps
HSUPA 5.76
LTE 75/25Mbps
HTC Sense 5
HTC BlinkFeed
Bluetooth stereo audio profile (A2DP
AVRCP)
DLNA
HTC Beats Audio
HTC BoomSound
UltraPixel camera
optical image stabilization
face detection
smile detection
BSI sensor
HDR photo
HDR video
Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot
NFC
HT40
HAC (M4/T4)
micro-SIM
proximity sensor
light sensor
gyro sensor

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
It's from a site called PDAdb.net I don't know anything about the site, except that it has the specs for pretty much every phone out there.
My guess is that it must be leaked, since nobody seems to really know anything...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello