Nokia 6 (2018) now available in the U.S.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about moving on from my s8 and back to the world of mid range /unlocked and have been eyeing up the 6.1. My only hesitation is the camera. But I'm seeing the ozo audio capture as a potential upgrade in the video recording department actually.

Done... Happy with it thus far!

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Had one for a while. Doesn't get used that often. It's a back up to my two Essential Phones.

Don't get me wrong, it's a super phone just in my eyes, the Essential all around destroys it.

My wife (unfortunately an Apple ecosystem sheep) recently mentioned to me that she's sick of the iPhone because it's boring and would like to try a Galaxy. Maybe I'll give this to her to see if she's gonna like Android. Her last Android was a Samsung Captivate running I believe 2.3.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been using mine since a few weeks and I really love it. Speed is good, no real lag, completely reliable. And, important to me, the Bluetooth connection it makes is rock solid.

I have only installed 10 apps so far. I don't want to clutter it. I was dreading the copper trim because the photos looked ugly to me, but in person it looks nice.

The only things I would change are the placement for the fingerprint sensor, and the volume rocker and power button don't stick up very well. I got a tpu case though, which makes the buttons easier to use.

I got the updates over WiFi the first time I turned the phone on.

I absolutely love this phone.

neo158

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
To be clear, 4G is actually better than LTE. LTE was an early version of a fourth generation mobile network. There is some debate whether LTE networks really qualify as 4G. Read more about it at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lte

Quick summary - you have nothing to worry about. I'm surprised Apple still use the term LTE in their UI (assuming the US operators use proper 4G).

Actually LTE IS 4G in the rest of the world, US carriers were using 4G to describe HSPA+ which is misleading and also where the confusion arises. Basically if your Nokia 6.1 is showing 4G then you have LTE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001