Nokia android transferring data automatically through chrome

jackhobson333

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Hi just wondering When I sign in to my google account on my new android phone? How is google remembering pw and accounts on a completely new phone? For example things not even related to google like Instagram Kik and even VPN sites as well?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
What was your previous device? If you had a Android you signed up with your Google account and it keeps everything saved in its back up and autofill , so when u logged into your new phone with same account it restored everything

Reactions: jackhobson333

jackhobson333

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Hi mustang thanks for your response. Previous device was Nokia android. When I reset and signed in again to the new phone without google details it still brought everything over when I eventually signed onto Gmail.

Is there any way to stop auto fill on new device?

Does this only happen on chrome when signing into Gmail or does Firefox do the same thing?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello
You did another factory reset on the new device without signing in with your account? Was this done in settings or recovery the factory reset?

Chrome does if you choose not to sync them it shouldn't, for Firefox im not sure as I haven't used it in years.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

jackhobson333

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Yes it was a reset. Sorry not sure if done in settings or recovery. I thought I chose not to sync chrome with google too.

And it looks like if I log onto a chrome notebook with my google account it doesn't have as much info as when pulling details from phone to phone.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid