noob questions about the Galaxy Note 3

ecchigo

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
EDIT: Sorry for the double thread. Wasn't paying attention, thought my post didn't go through and didn't know it had to go through a mod first. Please reply to the original thread which had a couple of replies already. Thanks :)

Hi guys new here :) Sorry if these are obvious/dumb questions. My parents just got their phones (S5/Note3) from at&t yesterday. They are going to send the Note 3 to me here in the Philippines. Anyways, my questions are...

When i sim unlock it here, will i still be able to update it to 4.4.2 or not anymore? Should I have them update it there first before sending it (haven't inserted the battery yet). My sister got her Note 2 the same way last year and according to her, she can't update it (stuck at 4.1.1). Dunno if she did something wrong or something.

How does updating work for at&t/samsung? I mean my nexus 7 if i remember right automatically downloaded the update but won't install it till i manually do so. Is it the same for at&t/samsung?

And lastly bout this SD card issue in kitkat, can someone please tell me if i understood it correctly. Does the at&t Note 3 have this problem? I can no longer for example move a downloaded file from the internal storage to the SD card and vice versa? Or edit/copy/delete files that are in the SD card? Can I still go to apps settings and still have the option to Move to SD card? Thanks :)

Last edited: