nook and Mac OSX

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get mac to recoognize the nook so you can use adb in terminal to get the market installed? After long hours and testing my patience, I was able to install both hc and froyo onto sd cards with the mac. There was no way anything worked to install the market. I was able to get the market intalled with a borrowed windows computer on the froyo rom. Hav not been successful with the hc rom yet. I dont have access to a windows pc very often and would like to do it from my macbook. I lke the hc rom a lot. Cant wait for a aosp build and will instal it internally. Not really a fan of froyo on it. Plus my sd card is slow. Softkeys kinda suck too. Anyway if anyone figured how to get mac to recognize the device please let me know.
C

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I was able to install the market on my rooted NC using the instruction in this thread.

However, I could not get adb to see the Nook when I tried to add something later on. I don't know why it will no longer work over USB, but I installed the ADBWireless app and have been able to use adb that way.

I realize this probably isn't much help, but you are not alone in having Mac-Nook communication issues.