Not able to sync Exchange calendar items on any Android calendar app.

Heresy64

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I recently got a new S7 Edge and noticed my Exchange calendar items were not showing up in Google Calendar. I had no such problem with my S6, all my Exchange calendar items synced up fine. I decided to try the Samsung calendar app and still nothing. Then I downloaded a couple of calendar apps from thy play store and still not single one of them would display any Exchange calendar items. I double checked my Exchange account and it was checked on all of them. I uninstalled and deleted my Exchange account and reinstalled twice. No difference. I uninstalled all the calendar apps and reinstalled. Still nothing. I am very frustrated.

I checked my Tab S, running Marshmallow, and all my calendar apps sync fine with the tablet.

Maybe someone can enlighten me as to how I can fix this. I find it strange that none of my Android Calendar apps see the Exchange items, even though they show up just fine on the Outook app. I think I have added the Exchange account properly and have enabled it properly in Android Calendar, but I am no expert.

Is it an Android thing? Is it a device issue? Is it an Exchange issue. Or is it operator error? Any insight would be appreciated.

Heresy64

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I found the answer and solved my problem. If anyone else has a similar problem, I'll describe how I solved it.

The problem lies in how Android was setting up the Exchange Active Sync account. When automatically configuring the account, it was using the wrong server. I manually configured the correct server (for me it was outlook.office365.com) and all was right with the world! Now all my Exchange calendar items show up on my Android Calendar, just as before.

Heresy64

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Okay, I only thought the problem was solved. As per a suggestion I read on another forum, I installed Nine to learn the server settings for my Exchange account. After getting the settings and configuring my Exchange Server account on the phone to match those settings, all my appointments for that account showed up in Google Calendar. I thought all was well and uninstalled Nine, as the suggestion I used recommended. Later, I checked Google Calendar and to my horror all my Exchange appointments were gone...again. Grrrrr. I reinstalled Nine, and magically they all appeared again.

I don't know why, but I suspect the problem is some sort of conflict with either the GS7/Edge or Android 7 with the Outlook App. I uninstalled Outlook and now use Nine to manage my MSN email account. Things seem to be working fine for now.

I am certainly no Android expert, so I have no suggestions as to why this works. I am only posting this for those having a similar problem and have been as frustrated as I have been solving it. If some Android genius out there may have an explanation as to why this is occurring, I would love to hear it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nickjoe