Not as satisfied as I would like to be with my new HTC One

Horace Lai

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Was wondering if I got a lemon or if it is the it's supposed to be. Anyways, I moved from a HTC Incredible S to this phone. Pretty much everything about the One is way better, except for the appearances and effects of widgets.

For instance, the weather widget no longer makes cool effects like having clouds move across the screen when its cloudy and a windshield wiper wiping off water droplets when it is raining. I set the wallpaper to weather but even then the windshield wiper is gone. I really liked that on my old Incredible S.

Another thing, it seems like there are less stock HTC widgets. On the old phone there was a stocks widget, that's not there on the HTC One.

Is everything I am saying the same for your HTC One? Or should I go back to the store and ask for technical assistance. HTC support wasn't very knowledgible on this.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Sense 5.0 toned down a lot of excess that HTC was criticized for in the past because it slowed down the user experience. It used to lag and be very resource intensive. Now its slim and very well optimized.
IMO.

Horace Lai

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I guess I was the only one who loved those effects, which was the reason I stuck with HTC instead of going for Samsung.

Is there any way to get those old Sense3.6/Sense 4 widgets back?

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
They were nice for older versions of Sense. I liked them for what they brought when Vanilla Android(stock) was ugly and busted looking. Now Android has matured into a great os without the need for resource hogs like HTC's weather effects. You could root and use an old Sense 4.0 ROM and get them, but I dont' know if they will work with the One. You could try the Sense 4.0 Go theme in Google Play. I'm not sure about the weather effects but everything else looks just like 4.0 there to me.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
The weather widgets do animate, but not in the manner as the prior versions of Sense (i.e., full-screen). The animation applies to the 4x1 weather clock widget, the blinkfeed weather clock, and the one on the lock screen. It's subtle, but I kind of like the rain and thunderstorm animations.

Posted via Android Central App

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Was wondering if I got a lemon or if it is the it's supposed to be. Anyways, I moved from a HTC Incredible S to this phone. Pretty much everything about the One is way better, except for the appearances and effects of widgets.

For instance, the weather widget no longer makes cool effects like having clouds move across the screen when its cloudy and a windshield wiper wiping off water droplets when it is raining. I set the wallpaper to weather but even then the windshield wiper is gone. I really liked that on my old Incredible S.

Another thing, it seems like there are less stock HTC widgets. On the old phone there was a stocks widget, that's not there on the HTC One.

Is everything I am saying the same for your HTC One? Or should I go back to the store and ask for technical assistance. HTC support wasn't very knowledgible on this.

Seems like what you are looking for are available in apps. Sense 5 is way (add 1000 times) better than any other Android OEM customization today. I believe HTC realized all those what you are asking for isn't worth having it in Sense as there are numerous apps doing the same! One as a phone excels and there is no doubt about it.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
You are seriously asking if you got a lemon because you don't like the widgets? Just download something off the play store. You'll be happy! Htc One is it!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I guess I was the only one who loved those effects, which was the reason I stuck with HTC instead of going for Samsung.

Is there any way to get those old Sense3.6/Sense 4 widgets back?

Hate to burst your bubble, but Samsung doesn't have those animations either.

I liked the animations too. However, I have found that I don't miss them as much as I thought I would.

Just be happy with your phone. Don't try to justify the reasons you got it. That'll only mess with your head.

Posted via Android Central App

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If you don't have anything constructive to add, perhaps, giving the OP advice on apps that can achieve the effect he or she may want, please do not post just to ask if they are serious or otherwise flame them for finding something they may not like about the device. Not saying this has exactly happened or referring to any one person in general, just putting it out there.

Horace Lai

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Just tried out beautiful widgets. Could not see any additional background animations with it, but that is probably because it crashed consistently on my HTC One.

I also think I got a lemon. I just noticed that my digitizer has a small area in the middle that does not work. Also it drops my data connection too often. I will get it exchanged and try out beautiful widgets again.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Just tried out beautiful widgets. Could not see any additional background animations with it, but that is probably because it crashed consistently on my HTC One.

I also think I got a lemon. I just noticed that my digitizer has a small area in the middle that does not work. Also it drops my data connection too often. I will get it exchanged and try out beautiful widgets again.

You have to turn on the Unlock Animations in settings. Did you try the free or the Pro?

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It might not be in the free. I've had the paid version for years. Try it. You should be able to see if you want to pay for it in the 15 min window

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol