Not enough memory??

PoppyLlama

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I tried to play NOVA 3 on my galaxy s4 and it says I have to delete 822mb worth of applications but I have a 64 gig micro sd card that hasnt been used. I moved NOVA 3 over to the sd card thinking that would fix it but it hasnt. Whats the deal??

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It probably needs to use Internal Storage rather than External SD for files that are crucial to the app.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I tried to play NOVA 3 on my galaxy s4 and it says I have to delete 822mb worth of applications but I have a 64 gig micro sd card that hasnt been used. I moved NOVA 3 over to the sd card thinking that would fix it but it hasnt. Whats the deal??

Welcome to the forums.
Apps can't be completely moved to the SD card. Some data may be able to be moved, but that is still up to the developer and how much can be.

I took a look at the file size on my phone, and it is 2.xx GB, which means it will get bigger upon installation. That 2 GB is a pretty significant bit out of your internal storage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. How much internal memory did your S4 come with? If it was a 16 GB version, then there's really only about 8 GB available to you, and that can fill up relatively quickly.

PoppyLlama

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I just moved around some files and otger apps onto my sd card so the re was space free on tge phone and it installed fine now!! Also figured out how to turn off auto correct thankfully! !

PoppyLlama

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
And yeah its the 16 gig. I didn't any point in paying the extra 100 bucks for 16 more gigs when I can get 6th4 more gigs for 70 bucks with shipping from newegg. And it is a samsung brand card too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick