Not getting Voicemail Notification on Nexus 6 with VZW

droidfamily

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing this. I tried setting up Google voice and can't figure that out. I can call *86 and retrieve my voicemail. It just never notifies me it's there. Please help!

Posted via the Android Central App

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Your not going to get it from Verizon until they start to recognize your device....I'm going thru the same thing .

DJMpre

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I had Google Voice as my VM provider way back when I was on Sprint before I ever went to Verizon. I've never used Verizons VM service and never plan to. I suggest you research a little more and work on getting Google Voice working with your phone. You will never look back.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Call Verizon tech support, they fixed it ,i get voicemail notifications now....they had to get rid of my visual VM, and reset something ...works fine now.

dc5pat

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
You can do it online. If you subscribed to basic visual VM just removed it from your features and add basic VM. Worked for me. Now I got my tape player icon notification back.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

DOOG9517

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Definitely no VISUAL voice mail yet for VZW. Regular voicemail works as soon as you delete VISUAL voicemail from your account.

Posted via the Android Central App

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Not possible to have Verizon visual VM, because we don't have Verizon software on the device.
Will also always have to Sign into my Verizon every time you want to access it.

Lothsahn

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Same problem with Sprint.

The following works around the problem:
In the google voice settings, check "View and play voicemails from the phone call log"

This is the OPPOSITE of the solution listed here:
forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-note-2/244232-google-voice-voicemail-notifications-2.html

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
You can do it online. If you subscribed to basic visual VM just removed it from your features and add basic VM. Worked for me. Now I got my tape player icon notification back.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

How do you do this online?

I can't find anywhere in My Verizon where I can get do it although I see Basic Visual Voicemail as a feature, I see nowhere to get rid of it :/

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a VZW flavored Nexus 6 and it looks like you have to use visual voicemail. I don't see basic voice mail as a feature that I can add on my account.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the free version of Visual Voice mail working on my Nexus 6. The only problem is that when I tap refresh in the VVM app, my phone sends a text message "STATUS" that shows up in my messages. It's annoying!

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not getting any notifications re VM as well on Verizon. Tried looking online to do it but haven't found it there. Anyone have a link to it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbers