Not just tied to the Galaxy S5

kirkturk

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody use Google Wallet and if you do, do you trust it for buying stuff at stores and online?

Thank you in advance

Kirkturk

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't trust either one of them.

I will never allow my phone to replace my wallet.
The security risk is way too high.

kirkturk

May 4, 2014
Visit site
That's the way I feel as well, but also heard and from people I know that been using it for awhile says that now it's so much safer to use.
I still feel kind of leary to set it up.

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
What I like about Google Wallet is that I receive an email almost immediately after a transaction, either if I use tap and pay from the phone, or the physical card. That way if a fraudulent charge was to be attempted, I would know right away.

Posted via Android Central App

kirkturk

May 4, 2014
Visit site
GC736,
Is that something you have to sign up for, or after you set up your card information and account it does it for you right then and there?
Thanks

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
What I like about Google Wallet is that I receive an email almost immediately after a transaction, either if I use tap and pay from the phone, or the physical card. That way if a fraudulent charge was to be attempted, I would know right away.

I monitor that with my Credit Union. They have instant updates to my account.
Within seconds of a transaction, it shows up in my bank account.

Bought some stuff at my local grocery store this morning:

POS PURCHASE APPLE MARKET
000000317478 09642601 May 22 @ 6:58am

That's all I need.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I use both Google Wallet and loop wallet. No issues with either one. Just monitor your account, as you should regardless.

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
GC736,
Is that something you have to sign up for, or after you set up your card information and account it does it for you right then and there?
Thanks

Once you set up your Google Wallet account, the emails are automatic. To get the physical cats as well, you need to request it.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Google Wallet works WAY BETTER than ISIS...I tried Isis and it is a hit and miss...Google Wallet is instant and much faster
I also trust it to be safe because you can look at all your transactions...I love Google Wallet

I use it at vending machines, CVS, fast food, and anywhere I can...I used it at a fast food and the cashiers thought it was a magic trick lol

kirkturk

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Does it cost anything to use google wallet?
I heard they charge a percentage for every time you swipe to pay?
Is this true?

Thanks

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't matter for me. there is only one grocery store within 15 miles of me that has that capability.

Push that circle out to 25 miles and I get a McDonalds, another grocery store (same chain), 2 gas stations (same chain), and one Quick Stop type convenience store which I have never seen, let alone shop at.

Guess the ole plastic slide strip will be King of Cowboy Country for a few more decades.

In my little burg, we just last October had a grocery store built in our town! There are two quick stops that sell gas and a few grocery items, and both have a small deli counter selling deep fry foods. Chicken wings, chimichongas, etc...

Guess we aren't too bad off, there is a Sonic drive in, a Daylight Donut shop frequented by the one cop in town, a for sure high quality Veterinarian (better be, cows and horse country ya know), an exercise gym and a small full service drug store that would fill up about 1 isle of a Walgreens. :cool: Oh, there are 5 mechanic shops in town that specialize in diesel trucks and one tire repair shop that changes oil and tires...

Walmart is 3 towns south of us, but there is only 1 place in that town that takes the ISIS stuff and that is another McDonalds joint.

Yep, life is great out on the green cowboy country. Not near as many villains running around. Why heck, we had a major home invasion last Friday and the 4 thieves almost made it out of the county before the DPS, sheriff departments, every small town cop around for 25 miles all ganged up and blocked all of the exit roads. They are now customers in the iron bar hotel :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty