Not quite a NOOBIE

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Grace and peace.
First off thanks to anyone for the advice and help! OK I've got a LG G2 Verizon phone and think its about time to root here soon. I'm not new to rooting just haven't done it in a while coming from the LG Optimus (BTW great phone and great DEVs) but if anyone knows anything about this phone it was able to oneclick root (super easy). Now for the little bit of noob, is there a oneclick root for the LG G2 ? If not how hard is the ADB push method? Also, after I root, or should I say is there a rooting method that already has a recovery with it? If not then what is the best recovery for this phone? So any and all advice with rooting the Verizon LG G2 form rooting methods, recoveries and ROMs is going to be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced. God Bless

BTW
Android version: 4.4.2
software version: VS98026A

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If your kernel date is earlier than June 3, 2014, Towel Root should root it. As far as I know, there's no one-click root-and-install-a-custom-recovery for any phone - they're separate processes. I don't know if there's a version of either CWM or TWRP for that phone.