Not receiving Gmail notification

PNW123

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I don't know about the Galaxy Tab, but when I had that happen on my Nexus 5, the thing that worked was deleting my Gmail account and then adding it back in. Same as you described, I went through and make sure that synching was enabled, turned the phone on and off, etc. Nothing helped. So I deleted that email account, turned the phone off. Turned it back on and then added the gmail account again (as though it were brand new). This also opened all of the screens for determining what synching I wanted, etc. Not the most convenient solution, I know, but it worked for me.

Good luck!

19sparky82

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Check to see if you're using the inbox categories; i.e. social, promotions, etc., with gmail. When I had that activated in the past, I would not get regular notifications and had to manually check for incoming messages as they were separated and never showed in the main or priority inbox.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The problem has morphed into "occasionally " receiving notifications. I will receive notifications on my other devices without fail. I have "sync Gmail" checked in the Gmail settings on my tablet. But the emails are not being pushed. I noticed when I toggle the sync settings off and on, that forces the emails and notifications. Tried deleting and then adding the Gmail account.

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Did a factory reset. Condition still exists. Going to the Samsung counter at Best Buy on Saturday for a tablet workshop. I wish there was a way to specify how often the tablet synchs gmail. This is think would resolve the problem. Very annoying.

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Now I am receiving emails and notifications in "real-time". Not sure how this condition was corrected. I did not change any tablet settings. Perhaps the issue was server related.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemal