Not receiving notificartions.....

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Pixel 6 now, but started a few months back on Pixel 3XL. My wife receives notifications for mail and when a pic I took uploads to Google Photos, but that is it. She keeps missing my text messages and Facebook messages and calendar notifications. All notification settings are enabled. Clearly it is not the phone. She is on Android 13, but this started in Android 12. Anyone else experience this and have a possible solution?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do the notifications come flooding in when she opens the Messages or FB Messenger app?

You probably checked already, but any power-saving modes turned on, or DND?

Still happens in Safe Mode?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
No, when she opens the apps the messages are already there, like she ignored a notification and went back to it later.

No power saving modes or DND. She does get notifications for gmail.

I have not tried in safe mode, but note this has been happening over 2 different phones and Android versions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
She's looking at the full notification panel, and not just the status bar, right? I ask this in case she typically has a lot of notifications that haven't been dismissed yet, in which case a new notification icon wouldn't necessarily appear in the status bar due to the overflow. (Of course, this would also mean that the notification is also on Silent, or the notification volume is turned way down.)

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
None of that helped, but I found 1 interesting thing. When I look at 2 of the apps in question, it says zero notifications per week. Tapping on that shows notifications are on. But nothing I do changes that. Not sure if that is relevant.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what that does, but all notifications enabled and it also says zero notifications per week.

Also, when I look up notification history noting in the affected apps shows up even though there were messages that I saw when opening the apps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not sure what that does, but all notifications enabled and it also says zero notifications per week.

Also, when I look up notification history noting in the affected apps shows up even though there were messages that I saw when opening the apps.
Ill have to check in that settings on pixel as in my Samsung i have disabled

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Look at the dashboard in digital wellbeing

I did. Nothing looks amiss. Oddly, something I did yesterday started allowing notifications for just about everything except Google Messages. As an example, Facebook Messenger now shows 1 notification per day. Google Messages still shows 0 notifications per week even though all notifications are enabled.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I did. Nothing looks amiss. Oddly, something I did yesterday started allowing notifications for just about everything except Google Messages. As an example, Facebook Messenger now shows 1 notification per day. Google Messages still shows 0 notifications per week even though all notifications are enabled.

Strange maybe for messages reset it by clearing Data then force stop it see if it goes back to normal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol