Note 10+ low temp charging warning/battery rapid drop off from 80odd% to 2%

bncrpt

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys strange one here...have read alot of similar standalone issues on here but this one is bizarre.

Began getting the low temp when charging issue last week out of the blue, would charge only if turned off.

Charge it. Out for the day at theme park charge got low approx 6% then immediately turned off.

Charged again while turned off due to low temp warning again.

Next day battery at 87% then all of a sudden showing 2%.

It annoyed me so removed sim and swapped back to my old note 8. Left the Note 10+ on as test ...it's now been on for nearly 4 days at 1%!!!

I have 3C battery monitor on it and it shows this and some weird temp readings, not sure whether any screenshots of this data would help diagnose what the hell is going on?

Any help appreciated guys

Thanks
Todd

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That looks pretty typical for a battery dendrite, which can cause the battery level to suddenly drop away. Unfortunately, that means the battery needs to be replaced.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Both have their uses. 3C is extremely detailed and great for charting patterns, especially when it comes to fluctuations that don't show up on a usage graph from other apps like AccuBattery and Gsam.
Agree , the 3c looks like you need to know what your looking for to be useful to the individual

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Totally depends on how important the phone is to you, or how handy you are. There are probably a lot of DIY battery replacement videos on YouTube, so you could try doing it yourself if you're handy. Otherwise, ask yourself if the repair cost (probably somewhere between $100 and $200, including the cost of the battery) is worthwhile, considering the age of the phone.

bncrpt

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the answers guys much appreciated!

I love the phone but it's screen cracked 2 days after I got it on release day..I've put up with that for over yr and half due to the ridiculous price to have screen replaced by Samsung! I'm half tempted to pull it down and have a crack (no pun intended lol) at battery replacement and screen at same time since it'll be at that stage anyway I guess?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the answers guys much appreciated!

I love the phone but it's screen cracked 2 days after I got it on release day..I've put up with that for over yr and half due to the ridiculous price to have screen replaced by Samsung! I'm half tempted to pull it down and have a crack (no pun intended lol) at battery replacement and screen at same time since it'll be at that stage anyway I guess?
Yeah I had my S10+ replaced the screen defect was lifted in the corner and they did the battery under warranty but seen the cost was like 280.00 plus tax

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa