Note 2 micro sd card problems

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey Kale Did you figure out how to get your phone to download and read from just your removable sd card? I just got mine and am noticing that i cant take pics,download and such to that card automatically . I have to go in and move them after the fact .

Muck: no I haven't. Someone posted I could but I'd have to root

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
to download from browser to SDcard =open browser>hit menu button>settings>advanced>Default storage>memory card
From Camera app=hit the settings button then (looks like a gear)>scroll down to Storage>Memory card

KingKong06

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey I've read the entire post and I don't think my problem has been addressed. (I may have missed it).

I've uploaded about 1400 songs to my 32gig micro PNY card, however all of my music players (Music Player remix, Music Player, Double Twist) only show 500 songs. When I go into my files and click on a song that is in my extsdcard/music folder, but isn't shown in the music players, nothing happens. I have unmounted and restarted the phone and the problem persists.

Please help. Thanks.

Also my phone is not rooted.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey I've read the entire post and I don't think my problem has been addressed. (I may have missed it).

I've uploaded about 1400 songs to my 32gig micro PNY card, however all of my music players (Music Player remix, Music Player, Double Twist) only show 500 songs. When I go into my files and click on a song that is in my extsdcard/music folder, but isn't shown in the music players, nothing happens. I have unmounted and restarted the phone and the problem persists.

Please help. Thanks.

Also my phone is not rooted.

I'm the developer of Music Player (Remix). One of my other users tweeted to me with a similar issue (no music apps were picking up files on the sd card). He eventually found a solution which was to go to to device settings -> Apps -> Media Storage (listed under "All Apps") and tap on "clear data". Then afterward reboot your device. This essentially forces Android to rescan the media library. Perhaps this will work for you as well.

Here's the twitter thread I'm referring to: https://twitter.com/MusicRemixApp/status/291516273580441600

KingKong06

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm the developer of Music Player (Remix). One of my other users tweeted to me with a similar issue (no music apps were picking up files on the sd card). He eventually found a solution which was to go to to device settings -> Apps -> Media Storage (listed under "All Apps") and tap on "clear data". Then afterward reboot your device. This essentially forces Android to rescan the media library. Perhaps this will work for you as well

Here's the twitter thread I'm referring to: https://twitter.com/MusicRemixApp/status/291516273580441600

Thanks I just tried that but unfortunately the problem remains. It's not specific to music player remix. All of my music players show the same amount of songs.

androidbeast420

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everybody. Quite a responsive board, albeit a bit off topic at times. I have a similar issue with my Note 2. I am under Sprint and transplanted my Samsung MicroSD HC 8gb Class 2 to my Note 2 from my Evo 4G that I had for a couple years. My Evo 4G was from Sprint 2. I know for sure my card was working as of Tuesday evening 1/29 as I was recording video of my gf playing piano. Between then and early this morning (9am PST), I do remember a message saying my card had become unmounted but didn't think anything of it at the time. Now when I looked through my gallery, my card is not available. I plugged it into my computer, nothing pops up. I plugged it into my friend's phone, nothing popped up. What happened to my microSD card and is there anyway to recover my data?? Please help. Thank you!!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Strangest thing. My 32 gig has been in 3 HTC devices and now the Note2. No issues with my music but no photos! That bothered me. Photos I can never replace. Here is the weird part. All the photos saved to my FB.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

grobler

May 7, 2013
Visit site
hi guys im having problems with my galaxy note 2 it keeps rejecting the memory card it use to work fine and now it keeps rejecting the card it gives me a mesage saying sd card unexpectably removed, not shure if its the phone or the card at the moment its not reading the card at all please help......

sumitbadboys

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
i have a note 2 moblie i upgarded to marshmallow it was working fine but the problem is arise while im puttion sd card to the mobile .it is like whenever it starts screen goes blank . can any1 help me for this concern.
regards
sumit ghosh
Sony India Pvt Ltd