Note 20/Note 20 Ultra accessories discussion.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah more precisely ghosting than burn-in and should have been stated that way. No guarantee it will result in more permanent burn in but would make me think twice about using it.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I like this case. Not to thick not to thin.
4e2a5d182823f14c7cef35f6c8a4e8be.jpg

You still rolling with the bar code sticker?

midnightrider20

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
I promised myself to buy only 2 cases and 3 max for my note20U mystic black and now I'm at 6 cases and trying to not buy anymore. I'm still looking for a case which is not too thick nor thin but is protective enough as well as having enough grip.
So here are my impressions:

Ringke fusion matte black - thin case. grippy. fingerprint magnet and scratches easily. dust gets in easily too all over the back. not enough protection for me for drops.

Ringke air smoked - thinner and much more grippy. clean look. too thin for me.

UAG Plyo - a bit thicker but protective giving me security. grippy. dusts get in a lot especially on the sides of the camera and the back which I don't like so cleaning is must. it has rounded corners.

Otterbox Commuter & Symmetry - tried the commuter but exchanged it for symmetry. for the commuter, it is thick for me already and i'm having hard time with one hand operation. the sides of the case are loose especially on the button side. Symmetry - i thought this was gonna be it but the camera bump isn't enough for me to feel it is protected. It is very slippery for me on cold temps.

Bodyguardz Ace pro - almost end game for me. it is similar to ringke's smoked black case. very grippy. it was thinner than I expected. it claims 10ft protection.
i wanted it to be the end case but still can't feel it. gives your phone squarish look.

Samsung clear protective case (black)- might be my favorite. for me it has the most satisfying feel in the hands of the cases i have and really wanted to like the case. back is fingerprint magnet and smudge too but is grippy. the sides are rubber and has a great feel to it. my complaint is the rubber gets slippery on cold temps so the phone is sliding slowly from my hands.

lastly, i'm contemplating if I should get a tech21 evo check black or blue but would cost me $50 to import. I did consider the evo tint but base on what i've read it doesn't have much lip to protect the screen. Would really appreciate your advice. as for now, I'm using the samsung case.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the UAG PYLO allowing dust, but I think it's because we can see it, I think they all probably do that.

I'm back to using the dbrand grip case and glad to have it now that's it's off pre-order.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I promised myself to buy only 2 cases and 3 max for my note20U mystic black and now I'm at 6 cases and trying to not buy anymore. I'm still looking for a case which is not too thick nor thin but is protective enough as well as having enough grip.
So here are my impressions:

Ringke fusion matte black - thin case. grippy. fingerprint magnet and scratches easily. dust gets in easily too all over the back. not enough protection for me for drops.

Ringke air smoked - thinner and much more grippy. clean look. too thin for me.

UAG Plyo - a bit thicker but protective giving me security. grippy. dusts get in a lot especially on the sides of the camera and the back which I don't like so cleaning is must. it has rounded corners.

Otterbox Commuter & Symmetry - tried the commuter but exchanged it for symmetry. for the commuter, it is thick for me already and i'm having hard time with one hand operation. the sides of the case are loose especially on the button side. Symmetry - i thought this was gonna be it but the camera bump isn't enough for me to feel it is protected. It is very slippery for me on cold temps.

Bodyguardz Ace pro - almost end game for me. it is similar to ringke's smoked black case. very grippy. it was thinner than I expected. it claims 10ft protection.
i wanted it to be the end case but still can't feel it. gives your phone squarish look.

Samsung clear protective case (black)- might be my favorite. for me it has the most satisfying feel in the hands of the cases i have and really wanted to like the case. back is fingerprint magnet and smudge too but is grippy. the sides are rubber and has a great feel to it. my complaint is the rubber gets slippery on cold temps so the phone is sliding slowly from my hands.

lastly, i'm contemplating if I should get a tech21 evo check black or blue but would cost me $50 to import. I did consider the evo tint but base on what i've read it doesn't have much lip to protect the screen. Would really appreciate your advice. as for now, I'm using the samsung case.
I've used Tech21 Evo for my last 4 phones. It sometimes feels a little too grippy-almost sticky when it gets fingerprinty--but they changed the material for the N20U version. This one doesn't get that "almost sticky" feeling & the material on the side is very slightly thinner than before, and the material on the side isn't quite as grippy as before, but I like it better. I still have grip when I hold it, because my fingers are on the grippy part. Based on a comment you made about one of the cases, you might not like this aspect, but it's never felt like it's slipping in my hands.

I rotate between Tech21, Samsung S-View, & a clear OtterBox Symmetry. FYI, while you can wipe down cases with isopropyl alcohol to remove oils and fingerprints, try washing them with a schmear of dish soap when they start to feel yucky, and they will look and feel brand new again. --I don't do this with the S-View though.

I can post some photos later showing the lip on the Tech21 & a side-by-side profile with the OtterBox Symmetry, if you want.

midnightrider20

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
Thank You for sharing. yes please would like to see more pics of the tech21. Would also post some pics of 2 of my favorite case. Samsung clear protective case and bodyguardz ace pro. the "sticky" feeling happens after I go out of a cold place and my country has high humidity.

Last edited:

midnightrider20

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
Here are my 2 favorite cases. also included on the pic is the uag plyo.

Bodyguardz Ace pro3, Samsung clear protective case (black). UAG Plyo
By far, i'm kind of using the ace pro 3 more as I find it more easily to handle with one hand. the samsung case gives me the best look of the phone in front. the grippy glass back + rubber sides feels weird (similar to the catalyst impact case). the rubber sides is what make it slipping slowly when I hold it with one hand and read my messages.

on the ace pro 3 and uag plyo no problem at all. of the 3 cases on the pic the plyo is thicker and bulky but has the most protection on all sides and camera. samsung case isn't bulky at all to me and has a great balance to being thick and thin. ace pro 3 is the thinnest.
@Apple2Droid

i measured the bodyguardz ace pro 3 using a ruler and I thought it is very similar to the evo check's measurement on the website. it may also be a bit thinner.

Attachments

• ace.jpg
    ace.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 32
  • ace2.jpg
    ace2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 30
  • ace3.jpg
    ace3.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 31
  • ace4.jpg
    ace4.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 31
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 29
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 33
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 31
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 30
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 30
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 30
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Anyone using the OtterBox Defender on their N20U and found a air vent phone holder which actually fits?

Im planning to "MOD" the belt clip holder which came with the case if i can find 1 soon....

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
For me I'm starting out with the Ringke Fusion X and will get either the Ghostek next or a UAG. I LOVE the way the Fusion X just feels and looks on the Bronze/Rose Gold...

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Thank You for sharing. yes please would like to see more pics of the tech21. Would also post some pics of 2 of my favorite case. Samsung clear protective case and bodyguardz ace pro. the "sticky" feeling happens after I go out of a cold place and my country has high humidity.

Sorry, I took these photos in August and when I tried to upload from my phone, it only showed photos taken in the last month for some reason.

The clear case is an OtterBox Symmetry. I have more photos but this is the best one. The Tech21 has slimmer edges than your slim case. Of the three cases that I use, and rotate between, The Tech21 feels the best in the hand.

Attachments

• 20200828_164723.jpg
    20200828_164723.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200828_164630.jpg
    20200828_164630.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200828_164607.jpg
    20200828_164607.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200828_164405.jpg
    20200828_164405.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200828_171019.jpg
    20200828_171019.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 37

midnightrider20

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
thanks @Apple2Droid. i decided to buy the evo check and am choosing between black and blue. this will be my last lol. i went back to my bodyguardz as the samsung case keeps on slipping. will post pics here soon. i measured my ace pro using a ruler it's 3.2 wide and 0.4 or a little less thick

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
thanks @Apple2Droid. i decided to buy the evo check and am choosing between black and blue. this will be my last lol. i went back to my bodyguardz as the samsung case keeps on slipping. will post pics here soon. i measured my ace pro using a ruler it's 3.2 wide and 0.4 or a little less thick
Sorry it took so long to post photos. I had a lot of technical issues on my end. I finally had to download all the photos to my computer and then compress them in order to upload.

midnightrider20

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
Sorry it took so long to post photos. I had a lot of technical issues on my end. I finally had to download all the photos to my computer and then compress them in order to upload.

it's fine thanks a lot. was gonna order them anyway. wasn't able to get the blue as it's out of stock and best buy only accepts american credit card. might take while before it gets here. i will post them side by side with my ace pro, samsung case and symmetry black soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54