Note 3 GPS Issues AT&T GPS Issues

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Just to update everyone after I swapped my SIM a couple of weeks ago. The GPS works a lot better but I still do lose GPS signal from time to time but it locks right back on after a few seconds and it only happens in certain areas. I don't know if this will be a fix for everyone but its worth a try. I actually got the idea from AT&T tech support and didn't understand why the SIM would be the issue but its working good now. Hopefully this will work for others also. This is definitely a AT&T issue as I have friends with Note 3's on different carriers and they never had this issue. Good luck everyone! I will be getting my Note 4 in 2 weeks and I hope I don't have the this issue again.

madmoneymike5

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Note 3 GPS IssuesAT&T GPS Issues

I'm having this same issue. I've even tried hard resetting the phone and I'm still having the issue. In fact, mine is so bad that I have no GPS signal whatsoever.

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Update on mine. As I have traveled more and had to use my GPS more I am still seeing issues pop up randomly. Mine will give me the "GPS signal lost" message and then reconnect anywhere from 15 seconds to maybe a couple of minutes later. Just depends on where I'm at too. If I'm in downtown Austin it takes a while, but when I get out of the city and closer to home up north, it functions better. Hopefully we get a fix to this some day.

Posted via Android Central App

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I can't depend on the GPS in this Note3 4.44. Never have been able to. I use my Garmin in the car when need one. Much better screen. Also I know that last year there were a number of posting about opening the case an making sure that the GPS antenna connector was making a better contact. Myself I have not tried this. We are half way through the contract so the possibility of digging around in the chassis of this thing is getting closer and closer!

Jude N

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

I went to AT&T corporate store and had my SIM replaced. So far its working good. It always located my location but had problems dropping my location using navigation. I did a test run from the AT&T store to my house which is like 5 miles and it didnt drop once. I will keep testing it everytime I drive and see if the SIM was the problem. Will keep everyone updated

Posted Via AT&T Note 3

I've been experiencing GPS issues for almost a year now! Ever since I updated my N900T to 4.4 KK bootloader and baseband I have not been able to get any lock. I never suspected SIM card may be a issue. Just like OP I'm running rooted and unlocked N900T on att. I will go to AT&T store today and see if changing the SIM card will fix anything.

Last edited:

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

I've been experiencing GPS issues for almost a year now! Ever since I updated my N900T to 4.4 KK bootloader and baseband I have not been able to get any lock. I never suspected SIM card may be a issue. Just like OP I'm running rooted and unlocked N900T on att. I will go to AT&T store today and see if changing the SIM card will fix anything.

Yes it worked for me and now that I have the Note 4 the GPS and navigation works flawlessly. Hope it fixes your issues on your Note 3.

Posted via the AT&T Note 4

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29