Note 3 Wireless Charging

robomanlamb

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys, this is my first post on Android Central, because I just got my brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 TODAY!

I was posting to ask about the wireless charging compatibility with the Note 3 and my wireless charging back cover. The thing is, is that I drop my phone semi occasionally and would like something more protective then having a "naked" phone. I spent a fair amount of money today on the wireless charging kit by samsung thinking it would work with my spigen neo hybrid, however i did not know that the case would not fit with the wireless backplate. So are there any high quality cases that are proven or that you think might work with the charging backplate? If so that would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some cases I have been looking at:
Otterbox Commuter: Commuter Series case for Galaxy Note 3| OtterBox
UAG Scout: Scout – URBAN ARMOR GEAR
Ballistic shell SG series: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Ballistic Shell Gel SG Series Case | goballisticcase.com

Thanks again, any advice would be excellent!:D

rrspikes

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I received my UAG Scout yesterday. The Samsung Note 3 wireless charging back cover will not fit in the UAG case.

...Ok, it will - but only if the wireless charging back cover is heavily modified.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I think your best bet might be to return that wireless charging back and get a third party qi receiver. The receiver coil should fit under the stock back with very minimal bulge allowing you to use any case you want. I haven't actually tried this myself but have done quite a bit of research and this seems to be a good solution.

Something like this is what I'm referring to:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FTULQJU...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3200560

Posted via Android Central App

rrspikes

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I think your best bet might be to return that wireless charging back and get a third party qi receiver. The receiver coil should fit under the stock back with very minimal bulge allowing you to use any case you want. I haven't actually tried this myself but have done quite a bit of research and this seems to be a good solution.

Something like this is what I'm referring to:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FTULQJU...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3200788

Just a heads up, I purchased that exact item you linked to. What I received doesn't match the item depicted with 3 prongs. Mine arrived with 2 prongs and it doesn't work.

I can say it does indeed fit the UAG case under the original back cover.

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up, I purchased that exact item you linked to. What I received doesn't match the item depicted with 3 prongs. Mine arrived with 2 prongs and it doesn't work.

Did you get a replacement coil? Or have you found one that does work?

jirages

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Hello, I purchased the wireless QI kit from ebay, which looks exactly like this , and arrived with two prongs only. It works !!!
just connect the two prongs on the top two contacts.
The circuit sits under the original cover great. I have it all covered with the spigen slim ultra fit with zero problems

silverbucket

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rambo4id