Note 4 Fast Charging... shows USB connected

Thanh Dat Phan

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
In my case (note 3). The device showed charging with USB. I changed the phone cable to my power bank cable and the device showed charging with AC again. Then I switch back to the phone cable and it showed AC charging. Not sure what is the reason!

Ronijax

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Jason! This has been driving me crazy all week and I have been trying everything! You were right had to unplug it to check the rapid charge and then plug it back in. I appreciate your help!!!:cool:

grimister

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
my 12v car charger is qualcom 2.0 certified and it shows fast charging when i plug into it. Is your 12v charger qualcom 2.0 certified?

gospodinjuha

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I read this post a couple of months ago. Tried everything that was suggested. Nothing worked. I went to Verizon, they had no idea. I got a replacement, worked great fr a while, now all of the sudden... same issue. To say I'm pissed is a gross understatement.

Here we are again. After getting the note 4 replaced, several months later, I have the same exact issue. USB charge only when plugged into ANYTHING. This is so frustrating that I have tried every single thing in this forum and others, plus some other things that I could think of. Nothing fixes this. It HAS to be a hardware issue. Needless to say, this is the last time I will buy anything from Samsung.

soccerpunk657

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Here we are again. After getting the note 4 replaced, several months later, I have the same exact issue. USB charge only when plugged into ANYTHING. This is so frustrating that I have tried every single thing in this forum and others, plus some other things that I could think of. Nothing fixes this. It HAS to be a hardware issue. Needless to say, this is the last time I will buy anything from Samsung.

I have a blackberry priv and just started having the same issue... I think it's software... I'm running lollipop 5.1 and have tried any number of cables and charger... hell I even used my work iPhone charger and it showed the same... only thing that seemed to help was restarting it while plugged in...

danebogle

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem! I tried everything in this post and others and nothing seems to fix it. I factory reset for no reason because it didn't help. I have tried multiple chargers and outlets and nothing. No matter what, it says Charging (USB) and charges at a crawling pace... If at all. If I use the phone while charging, it still loses power. Is anyone still having this issue? TIA

I have the same issue and I just got a replacement phone. Could it be the battery. I tried every charger...I doubt it is my charging port because I switched phones and same issue...I tried lots of chargers even took it to the store. What could it be smh

Sexy Tech Nerd

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I have had the same issue over the past couple of days. Last night, plugged into the wall charger at 15% and it indicated USB charging vs. AC. Woke up about 4.5 hours later and it was STILL charging (94%). For the life of me...I can't think of a reason that it would not adaptive to the low state of the battery and charge fast. I tried a couple of different wall outlets. No change. I think something is up. Perhaps a defective charger??
I have been having the same issue in fact it was so bad that I went through the manufacturer warranty and only paid $5 even though it was more than 90 days it was like 6 months because I threw a fit I never dropped the phone always in the case not a scratch on it so I told him I'm not taking the fall for it so he did me a favor and got a new phone and that didn't help so I just ordered a new USB cord and the new Fast charger and a new car charger and that didn't help either I'm now waiting on the battery that's coming tomorrow because I know that with the fast charging the phone gets hot and that can damage the battery I can't figure this out it's hard to believe that this isn't a recall on the phone seeing as there's so many people going through the same issue who wants a phone that has to be charged every hour it takes 10 hours to be charged..... you know I just thought about something I've only had this phone for maybe a month and a half when I first got it and I would put the charging cable into the bottom of the phone it was extremely tight didn't move to the left to the right and all but of course over time moving it around and this is not I wonder if maybe the connection in the phone where the plug goes in is may be defective and that's why it'll work when you first get the phone and then it stops because this is my second phone to the first one you had the fast charging for probably a good 4 months and then stops this one I haven't even had it for a month and a half but the cord is loose I even bought a new cord and everything I wonder if it could be a defect manufacturing defect anybody else things that could be the issue. I tried switching the cables I tried instead of plugging into a extension cord plug it directly into the wall I tried you know changing it put in the brackets in the different holes I've tried different words I mean I just bought a new battery and it's supposed to come in tomorrow has anybody tried a new battery maybe it's the battery that won't accept the fast charging. I know that when the phone gets really hot the battery is hot it can cause damage to the battery and it's a known fact that without charging your phone retains a lot more heat. But I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one cause for some reason I started to think that he'll what am I doing for this phone when really I treat it like a baby...
Wow something I forgot to say and I don't think I heard anybody else say it is that not only does it slow charge but I get a message on top on my notifications to tell me that my battery is draining faster than my charger can charge in all I'm doing is playing the SimCity game it doesn't matter what I'm doing actually I could just be on the internet with the phone charging and it just keeps going down and down and down am I alone with this problem

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz