Note 4 - freezing, apps crashing, lagging

sophine

Oct 12, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys! :)
I have a problem.I got used Note 4 and for 2 months i had no problem, but suddenly it started giving me those problems.I was with Resurrection Remix.Constantly apps crashing, screen goes black and unable to unlock...only force restart was helping,

Now, I put stock rom android 6 and it is the same. I've installed "Wake Lock" so I have little less problems, but the device still lags alot...

I have been given that "download mode" screen, with emmc failiure, but I installed some app from playstore to test if the chip is bugged, it said that it is not.

I've tried a few custom roms and some stock ones, no difference.

Can you give an advice, on how to bring back the device to be fine working ?
I really hope you can !!! :)))

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes! I always keep maintaince...
Put in safe mode and see if issue still happening, your on the stock firmware right now?
Also it's about 4 Android version out of date , keep that in mind as app and other things can give issue .it's a older device

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Try wakelock power manager app. A lot of Note 4 users have said this helps with those issues. Try it out.

sophine

Oct 12, 2019
Visit site
Put in safe mode and see if issue still happening, your on the stock firmware right now?
Also it's about 4 Android version out of date , keep that in mind as app and other things can give issue .it's a older device

No,in safe mode it is all fine,I am with Android 6 stock now....i've installed only 5 apps anyway

I use wake lock and it helps, but i would be happier if I could fix this issue...