Note 4 Multi Window Tab?

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've played with some Note 4s at best buy and was a little dismayed at the operation of the multi window functionality. Apparently the only way to open the multi window tray is to press and hold the back button, and it is only available on the right hand side. I'm used to my Note 2 where it has a customizible tab that I can hide or show using the back button press method. I can see this being annoying when in an app that responds to the back button's initial tap and not the release to back out of the application... does anyone know if there is a way to get that multi window tab back on the Note 4?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I haven't checked it out yet in person but according to the manual you can also launch multiwindow from the recent apps list.

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how the recent apps button will work when the phone is rooted and you try and get more apps available for multi window. Or is the multi window option going to be available on all apps? I guess I'll have to see next time I'm a best buy, pressing the recent apps button and seeing of only some apps have the multi window button or not.

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Only apps supported by the Note4 will have the MW button on them in Recent Apps. Likewise, clicking on one will open the drawer with only MW compatible apps.

However, more apps are compatible than before. Samsung needs to let us use all by default.

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've just gotten so used to a rooted note 2 that lets me put any app into multi window, I'm hoping that upgrading to the note 4 isn't a downgrade in user experience ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non