Note 4 new battery won't charge!

MsBlingberry

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Please help. I factory reset my Note 4 after several issues with the 6.0 update and battery life. I got a new battery, ran down to 15% tried charging, it's not charging and now battery has run down and i can't get it to charge. I've changed batteries, chargers etc still no dice :(

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Most likely either an issue with the micro-USB port or the connection of the port to the board and not an issue with the batteries or chargers. That said, in an ideal world you want to avoid discharging the battery so low (15% and below) as that is both bad for the longevity of battery capacity and Li-On batteries can suffer perma-death (rare, but it happens) if discharged too low.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It could be the battery is just faulty or maybe in a fake. I bought a few about two years ago that had the supposedly real Samsung label on them and the looked just like the originals. They charged to 100% once or twice and then just wouldn't charge anymore in the phone. When I placed them in the external Samsung charger they would charge.

My original batteries still work today and I've run them down to 5% every time before charging them with no bad effects. I just don't use my Note 4 anymore.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
They haven't made OEM Note 4 batteries for years. Get an new aftermarket zeroLemon extended battery.

OEM battery was junk even when it was new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi24