note 4 regret!?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Tried it and don't like it as much as swift key using swiftkey with the material light design which looks cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I absolutely loved Swiftkey for about 2 years and told EVERYONE to download it. Then it got an update, and instantly it was like the entire predictive engine went on the fritz. It would predict words I never, or rarely used and it was not picking up my "flowing" for nothing. I was very sad, but I had no choice but to move on.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely loved Swiftkey for about 2 years and told EVERYONE to download it. Then it got an update, and instantly it was like the entire predictive engine went on the fritz. It would predict words I never, or rarely used and it was not picking up my "flowing" for nothing. I was very sad, but I had no choice but to move on.

I never had this issue myself. The Google keyboard is good but I like that swiftkey has the number row on top

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I've noticed that too about the Swiftkey flow predictive engine.

I went back to Swype keyboard and it seems to be much improved for predicting my words. That's one reason I left Swype and went to Swiftkey.

I wonder what happened to Swiftkey?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I never had this issue myself. The Google keyboard is good but I like that swiftkey has the number row on top

Long pressing the Google Keyboard will get me my numbers when I need them, and I like the keyboard to be as minimalistic as possible while still having functionality. So getting adjusted to the occassional long press has been perfect for what I need the keyboard to do. I get why people love SwiftKey though. It's definitely the best keyboard on the market if it does well for you with the predictive engine it uses.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that too about the Swiftkey flow predictive engine.

I went back to Swype keyboard and it seems to be much improved for predicting my words. That's one reason I left Swype and went to Swiftkey.

I wonder what happened to Swiftkey?

Because it went free perhaps lol ? I don't notice it myself. Actually went to the Google keyboard again and quite like it . Maybe I'll keep it on for a while

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Long pressing the Google Keyboard will get me my numbers when I need them, and I like the keyboard to be as minimalistic as possible while still having functionality. So getting adjusted to the occassional long press has been perfect for what I need the keyboard to do. I get why people love SwiftKey though. It's definitely the best keyboard on the market if it does well for you with the predictive engine it uses.

Using the Google keyboard again and quite like it ..like it better then when I used it on the nexus 5. Tried it a bit when they released the new one a few weeks ago but went back to swiftkey. I think we can mostly agree the Samsung keyboard sucks :p

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
If you don't use the S-pen then the Note 4 isn't much different than the other phablets on the market. The differentiator is the S-pen.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

It still has some big advantages over the other two big phablets:

• Vs G3: Snapdragon 805, which can actually keep up with the QHD display. Band 12 LTE support for T-Mobile. Brighter display. Better battery life. While I think stock Android is the best, TouchWiz is still better than what LG uses.
  • Nexus 6: Dramatically better display (especially brightness) and battery life. Plus it is smaller while having a similar usable screen size due to the capacitive buttons. Removable back + SD card.

I'd say even excluding the S-Pen it's the best of the options, it's just a matter of if it was really worth the extra $100 over the G3.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It still has some big advantages over the other two big phablets:

• Vs G3: Snapdragon 805, which can actually keep up with the QHD display. Band 12 LTE support for T-Mobile. Brighter display. Better battery life. While I think stock Android is the best, TouchWiz is still better than what LG uses.
  • Nexus 6: Dramatically better display (especially brightness) and battery life. Plus it is smaller while having a similar usable screen size due to the capacitive buttons. Removable back + SD card.

I'd say even excluding the S-Pen it's the best of the options, it's just a matter of if it was really worth the extra $100 over the G3.

$200 difference since I know bestbuy offering it for $99 and Costco is selling it for $79 for the G3

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I like the stock Samsung keyboard a lot. Love that the top row has numbers.

If it's the row of numbers on the top that 'sells' the stock keyboard for you, you can also set up the top row of numbers to show on Swiftkey, and Thumb Keyboard has a little numberpad if you use the alternate 5" screen layout. There's also Hacker's Keyboard which comes with a full number row plus a lot of other things (like arrow keys) that show right from install. So, there's a few keyboards you can try that have the numbers readily available. And, if you don't like either of them better after trying, you can easily uninstall.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
If it's the row of numbers on the top that 'sells' the stock keyboard for you, you can also set up the top row of numbers to show on Swiftkey, and Thumb Keyboard has a little numberpad if you use the alternate 5" screen layout. So, there's two keyboards you can try that have the numbers readily available. And, if you don't like either of them better after trying, you can easily uninstall.
But I like the Samsung keyboard. So, I don't feel the need to explore another keyboard.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So I just purchased my note 4 (2yr contract). While this camera and screen are great, here is something wrong. I get home and start playing around with the phone and i realize the key pad is bothering me. And so are some of the ways the capacitive buttons work. I really like how my note 2 is working and the keyboard layout. Even webpages I visit seem to be better on my note 2.

Did anyone else have this problem. I kind of feel a little buyers remorse in getting the note 4. Hopefully this is something I will grow out of during my 14 days with it. I was so excited and now i kind of feel let down.

Posted via the Android Central App

Since moving to Android years ago, I've never used the stock keyboard. Since day one, I've used Swiftkey. Give it a try for free. It's extremely customizable and predictive. Nothing better, IMHO.

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried swift key and just didn't like it on the 2. I thought Google keyboard was ok. I'll give them a try on the n4. The stock keyboard on n2 just felt right.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
But I like the Samsung keyboard. So, I don't feel the need to explore another keyboard.

I understand. I just wanted to point out that if it was that particular feature, other keyboards can do it. That's the great thing about Android, though. There's lots of options so each user can get it working just the way they want to with whatever feels best.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe