Note 4 Signal Quality so far?

Jdt0109

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hows your reception?

i'm on verizon and sometimes have issues in my work with reception. Had a LG G3 and it seemed to do very well. My last Samsung was an S5 and it was very good. Galaxy S4 verizon SUCKED... This note 4 seems to be hit n miss. Thinking about getting a new sim card and seeing if that works. Just wondering if it is just me or if anyone else notices any reception problems.

Herman Greene

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
hey, my note 4 has two bars and i just called my wife sitting next to me and the note 4 meter bar jumped to 4 bars while my laptop in lap has 5 bars. Just now at 3:08 PST 2-1-15

down1plus2

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the Phoenix area and my signal sucks almost as bad as my note 3 imo. The signal just drops at times pretty often. I was hoping it would have been better.

Posted via the Android Central App

bubbanbrenda

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I buy a phone to be a phone first, and the texting and internet browsing and gaming and picture sharing, all come second, when my Razr started to die, I "borrowed" a S3 from my daughter that was only used for about 2 months, and was absolutely amazed at what I have been missing. This thing is blazing fast on the internet, takes better pictures than my digital camera....then the phone rang, I'm sure you know what happened, it seems to me that Samsung is building handheld computers that will talk on the phone when conditions are ideal, and Motorola (my only other hands on experience) is building phones that can get on the internet, they aren't as fast, their camera's aren't as good BUT you can have a complete phone conversation without saying "can you hear me now". I still carry the S3 to use as a camera and for handheld computer when I'm close to an available wifi. But when you dial my cell # my crippled Razr is the one that rings, (the phone is about the only thing that still works). Samsung makes beautiful, amazing devises, but unless they have changed their phone radios recently then no one will be happy. I know I'm on borrowed time with my Razr and will be upgrading very soon. I would buy a Note 4 today if they have fixed the phone (and can prove it and guarantee it both). But if not it's looking like it will be a Turbo, but I have to ask, Samsung can you hear me now?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't done any formal testing, but I drive the same route daily with my phone, and there are a few places where signal gets really weak. The Note 4 is on par with my Moto X 2013 and Moto X 2014, and better than my LG Optimus G Pro, in holding a cell signal. WiFi seems to be on par or even a tad better than most of the phones I've owned.

GPS does seem to be a weak spot on the Note 4. The GPS performance is markedly inferior to any other phone I have ever owned. Not unacceptably so, but I wouldn't want to drive around in a confusing large city using the GPS for primary navigation.

CBreen28

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
For those saying the note 3 reception was bad, are you talking about call reception AND WIFI? I don't have wifi and have to use public wifi so I need a phone that can pick up a wifi signal well.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Not sure but it varies on mines, and I got T-Mobile. At a part of my house I get 3-4 bars, and other part of my house I get 0-2 bars. And outside sometimes 5 bars and sometimes 3 bars. So, I'm not sure if it's the phone or is it T-Mobile.

Chilll

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Im thinking of getting the note 4 or 5. I have the lg g3 with verizon but i am switching to at&t due to verizon finally amitted they have network problems in my area. Will i get better reception and sound with the note 4 or 5.

Last edited:

jerry12

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I think something is wrong with my Note 4 , my wife's S5 seems to hold a signal better and shows better numbers on the Dbm. It just doesn't seem to be up to what it was a while back. My Note 4 want be a year old to November.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe