Note 4 / Why are the Negative colors turning on by its self?

Michael Duncan3

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Note 4 / Why are the Negative colors turning on by its self.

My phone is only a month old, and I am having intermittent issues with the Negative Colors turning on by them self! I don’t see how it’s possible without physically setting it to do so.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 4 / Why are the Negative colors turning on by its self.

Hmm . . not sure what a "negative color" is but . . About the only thing I can think of to ask that may be related to your issue is this - do you have auto-brightness adjustment turned on? If so then bright lighting conditions will trigger (by the light sensor on the front of the phone) the display into a ultra brightness mode that changes how colors are displayed. In normal operating conditions though this shouldn't be triggering . . normal meaning no direct sunlight or high intensity lights shining directly into the sensor/display.

See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TG0MyJdjUM

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

My phone is only a month old, and I am having intermittent issues with the Negative Colors turning on by them self! I don’t see how it’s possible without physically setting it to do so.

Hello Michael, welcome to the forums! Maybe you have enabled the direct access for the accessibility options. Just in case check in settings - accessibility and make sure direct access is off. Also check your colour inversion settings.

Michael Duncan3

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for your replay. The negative colors are accessed through Device>Accessibility>Vision>Negative colors. I was told by an AT&T rep that this setting is for color blind people. For whatever reason the phone turns this option on intermittently.

Michael Duncan3

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

Thank You, it was turned on. I shut it off. Now I will have to wait and see if it happens again.
Thanks again.

Bryan Kauffman

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your insight as to why my wifes phone was suddenly in negative color and thanks for telling us where to go to turn off the feature , much appreciated to whoever thank you much your're good people and again my wife and I thank you again very much so, take care from Mr. & Mrs. Kauffman.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane