Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
We shouldn't have to download a app to be assured we are getting safe phones.
You don't need to download an app to be assured your phone is safe. You can use the Samsung IMEI website to do that.

The app will tell you what the build date of your phone is, which is not the same thing as verifying that it is clear to use.
For instance, my phone was manufactured before the recall was announced (8/31), but the IMEI checker verified that my phone is safe.

Angus66

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Went to a Verizon store in Pittsburgh today and they said to come back Wednesday as they didn't have any new stock yet.

No list to put my name one & replacements will be handed out "1st come 1st served".

Pretty sure they had them already but were not willing to swap them out yet... :( :( :(

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Went to a Verizon store in Pittsburgh today and they said to come back Wednesday as they didn't have any new stock yet.

No list to put my name one & replacements will be handed out "1st come 1st served".

Pretty sure they had them already but were not willing to swap them out yet... :( :( :(

That's how all the stores are here too just give em up already !

akordboy

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Exchanged mine today at the AT&T store in York, Pa. They had a lot of them in stock. Mine is Korean built with a build date of 09/09. I asked the guy if they were just doing exchanges or selling also. He said they have done all the exchanges so now they are selling them

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Got mine from Best Buy. I got home and got the email that it was now available for pickup. Got there, and had to let the girl know it was ready, as she tried to tell me they couldn't do it until Wednesday. Showed her the Best Buy email, followed by the Samsung email stating "No Later than the 21st." She finally got the OK from her manager, and then proceeded to say to someone else, "[she] knew they had them in the back since last week, but wasn't sure where since they were waiting for the recall to finish." I had to then explain to her that the 21st and the replacement was part of the recall.

She got it, had a slight issue with the purchase part because I was buying it out right and the initial "pre-order" process automatically puts it as a 2yr agreement. Fixed that, proceeded with the purchase. Got accessories for a bundle (2 wireless chargers and a screen protector - already have cases from amazon). Found out from the Samsung Rep in there, that the Note should now be eligible for the free VR gift or another 256 GB card. Going to try to get the SD card, since I have a 10% off coupon from Best Buy, I'll consider getting the Gear VR with it later.

Overall I was out of there within an hour, and that included having them put on a screen protector for me. They did kind of a crappy job with that too, but I'm just happy to get the Note back now!

Ugly AT&T box, with the black square on the IMEI sticker. Made in Korea like my last one, and the IMEI check out as safe. Going to charge it up before I do anything with it, not even going to turn it on yet. Good thing I grabbed the 2 Fast Wireless Chargers.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got my replacement.
AT&T Corporate Store
Chicago, Illinois
I left the box in my office, but I do remember that it has the black square.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I got mine today. Another member directed me to a store that got them in today. It's Att, I went to the store, same white and orange box
with a little black square on the label,Houston, TX.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
AT&T in MA got theirs this morning - picked mine up at around 12:30 PM - just finishing SmartSwitch Restore now. Will report back later this afternoon. Have pictures, etc. Interesting note - Made in Korea, not China on my box but has the black square everyone speaks of. More to come! ??? :-|

What is your manufacture date?

Angus66

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Had my wife check the Verizon store where I originally purchased my N7 at on her way home from work. They told her they weren't expecting them in for another week... WTF?!?!