note 8 vs 9

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be same exact phone. Bigger battery better camera. Wish we had more note features and maybe a different software experience.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I am thoroughly enjoying it. Yes it appears to be really similar but does have the newer chipset and is slightly wider, a size I find just right

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
That's how it goes nowadays. One year you get a new design and such then the following year you get the same design just refined and internals upgraded. It cost a bunch to redesign every year. Most companies do the same. Then there are three groups of people.

One who get the new design and skips the next year.

Second who skip the initial redesign and get the refined upgraded version.

Third those who buy everyone of them. Myself I'm in the third group. I have a illness. Lol

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
That's how it goes nowadays. One year you get a new design and such then the following year you get the same design just refined and internals upgraded. It cost a bunch to redesign every year. Most companies do the same. Then there are three groups of people.

One who get the new design and skips the next year.

Second who skip the initial redesign and get the refined upgraded version.

Third those who buy everyone of them. Myself I'm in the third group. I have a illness. Lol

Lol I'm in the 3rd group too. I imagine note10 going to be the note to get excited for. That should be the one with the under the display fingerprint sensor among other things. I can see it now....looking like a dumbass still trying to unlock phone from the back when they finally do the under the screen fingerprint sensor lol

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Seems to be same exact phone. Bigger battery better camera. Wish we had more note features and maybe a different software experience.
Bigger battery, better camera, faster processor, better speakers, more memory, Bluetooth pen, but yeah - other than that, same exact phone. Haha. They are both Samsung Notes.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You can't please everybody. Make it too different (iPhone 7 to iPhone X, S5 to S6, Android Kitkat to Lollipop, Nougat to Oreo) and you **** a lot of people. Make it too similar (iPhone 6-8, Samsung S8-S9), and you still **** people off. LOL.

Just upgrade every 2 years. Look at it. iPhone 4-5, 5-6; Samsung S1-S3,S6-S8, etc. They make big changes every 2 years.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
We are reaching the peak of this design standard. So until a new smartphone design comes out (think folding, flexible phones... at least that is the developing fad right now) there won't be much new. They will continue to refine.

dafish1

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Don't forget the moving of the fingerprint sensor. With the new location and the case designs your finger just falls into the sensor without really feeling for it. I like it.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Don't forget the moving of the fingerprint sensor. With the new location and the case designs your finger just falls into the sensor without really feeling for it. I like it.

This,^^
I wasn't really feeling the fingerprint sensor until I got a quality case (Samsungs own protective case with stand) but now it's so much easier to feel and get to.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the Uag Monarch case on mine and it's great, provides just the right placement for me
This,^^
I wasn't really feeling the fingerprint sensor until I got a quality case (Samsungs own protective case with stand) but now it's so much easier to feel and get to.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
If my Note 8 experience was better I would still have it instead of the N9. Now That I have the N9, I'm happy. For me there's a noticeable difference when it comes to pictures. However, as mentioned I too would have liked changes to the software.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Yup, now I'm also having much higher success rate than Note 8 even though I just register my FP one time on Note 9. For Note 8 I registered 4 to 5 times of my finger at every possible angles but still failed to unlock at first try a lot of times.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Agreed I enjoy mine as well I think Samsung is holding back for 2019

That, and it seems on the 3rd year they do design change. Like the S6 and S7 were very similar. However from the early looks of it the S10 will still carry a similar chassis to the s8 and s9 line. Assuming that's correct the biggest change will be under the screen finger print and I wonder if they will offer a 6 or 8gb option as well.

Other than that I don't see the S10 really being that much of an upgrade to teh Note 9. Under the screen finger print and newer processor is all. Note 9 should stay the premier flagship still.

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
Bigger battery, better camera, faster processor, better speakers, more memory, Bluetooth pen, but yeah - other than that, same exact phone. Haha. They are both Samsung Notes.

Exactly! Why does the wheel have to be reinvented with each iteration of an already excellent and proven platform?.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796