Note 9 and the Dex dock

Kenzo2

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have used the Dex dock for a couple of days now and I have to say you could use your phone as your primary computer.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Dex Dock you can connect it to a monitor via HDMI and the dock has two usb inputs for a keyboard and mouse. You could do a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

You have full functionality of the phone presented in a desktop application.

Here is some information from samsung. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ng.com%2Fus%2Fexplore%2Fdex%2F&token=svRoheqc

I bought one for my office and one for home.

It is nice at my office to have it connected and see what all the notifications are on my second monitor. If you need an excuse to upgrade your primary monitor this is it.

Speed of the applications is great. If you sat someone down and had them browse the Internet they would never know they are doing it via a phone.

Oh and the Dex Dock is also a charger.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You don't need the dock with the Note 9. The DEX capability is built right in, and you can just use hdmi out to activate it. Charging will require a hub, however

Kenzo2

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
The Dex Dock was free. I wanted to use a USB keyboard and mouse that I had rather than purchasing a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. So for me I needed the Dock.