Note 9 FCC

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
exactly....why not wait for the Galaxy S10....then well why not wait for the Note 10...or heck the S11 should be great...then the Note 11......it's a never ending cycle! :)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This is like the first phone in a long time I'm not excited about. It might have something to do with T-mobile changing their JOD terms again, which will make this a bigger question mark on whether it's worth the upgrade. Great timing to sell even less phones than already expected. I guess I'll wait until I see unpacked and then see how much T-mobile will gouge its customers for it and then decide.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
For me the only reason I was on T-Mobile was because of JOD. Now they have made it harder and harder to use JOD. I might just switch back to Verizon for the better coverage.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
For me the only reason I was on T-Mobile was because of JOD. Now they have made it harder and harder to use JOD. I might just switch back to Verizon for the better coverage.

I've been thinking about getting JOD, just curious what got harder? Is it still worth it?

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
They made it more expensive with bigger down payments. Then they changed the phones you can select when you go to a TMO store and open a new JOD line. They only have 5 phones you can select and they are all mid tier phones. Then you have to wait for 30 days to pay another down payment to jump to a flagship phone.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
They made it more expensive with bigger down payments. Then they changed the phones you can select when you go to a TMO store and open a new JOD line. They only have 5 phones you can select and they are all mid tier phones. Then you have to wait for 30 days to pay another down payment to jump to a flagship phone.

Ugh

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Anybody read anything about a delay in release on Note 9 because they are using a thinner glass screen for some reason? I think I saw it on Forbes. I don't know how dependable they are. They also mentioned bigger screen and bigger battery.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've read a few Forbes' articles on cellphones - and gave then up as a source. Some of the articles describe things that aren't even technically possible, but they complain about them. How can the phone have a problem it's not possible for it to have? Oh, pilot error. I'd rather get my cellphone news from Popular Science - which is usually just wrong.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I read something more than a month or so ago. But, heard it was only like a one week setback. I could be wrong. But, I think it was minor and apparently something they could adjust on the fly.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
They say they make changes because "they are listening to their customers" line of crap. We know they have to be losing their butts on leased phones. They want at least something in their pocket if someone decides to turn in their phone after a month.
If they really wanted to listen to their customers, give your customers the option of how much they want to put down. I would even go along with something like whatever percentage you put down determines how quick you can jump again. I'm fine only jumping once a year. Basically, maybe something like you need to pay off at least 20% for zero down. Work with us!. If you read their canned responses on their Twitter or website, they say they want to keep your payment manageable, in the $30 per month range.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Wait for the Note 11, it will be even better. Of course I am being sarcastic, there is always going to be a better phone on the horizon. It's a never ending cycle

Because this is Note 8 forum and presumably most of us are using Note 8. So it dun make much financial and technological sense to get Note 9 unless you are using an earlier phone.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Because this is Note 8 forum and presumably most of us are using Note 8. So it dun make much financial and technological sense to get Note 9 unless you are using an earlier phone.

Take the financial element out of it and why wouldn't you?
There is usually no technological downside to upgrading.

( I bought 4 flagship level devices in 2017. Not felt the need to change the Note 8 at all. Very rare for me. If the Note 9 is as expected, it's worth it to me. )

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah a lot of their "deals" will start to calm down. They said last year they are starting to go more money focused so while I still expect T-Mobile to be more customer friendly .. I expect crazy things like JOD with $0 down to slowly go away.