Note 9 or G7 ThinQ

truck1985

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I recently upgraded from the LG V20 to G7 ThinQ. I went with it because it was free because of promotions at my local Cellular Sales/Verizon store. I'm wondering if I should have gone with the Note 9 instead? Did any of you guys go from the G7 to Note 9? What made you decide to change? If you went right to the Note 9, why? I feel I should note that prior to my V20, I,had the Note 2 and Note 3, and I'll admit, I miss the S Pen.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
You said it yourself. You went with the G7 because of the promotion. Not sure if the G7 has any benefits over the Note9 except for the DAC or price. I think the quad DAC is on all LG flagships. I could be wrong.
If money is not an issue, I would think almost everyone in the Note9 forum would say the Note9 is the better phone.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I personally came from the LGG4 to the V10 then V20 to Note8 now the Note 9. By far the Note 9 is the best phone I've ever used. Now I enjoyed the V series very much but when the removable battery went away I was upset. But the Note series made up for that loss for me. As long as Samsung keeps going in their current direction with the Note line I don't plan on moving.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if the G7 or the upcoming V40 have wireless charging and waterproof, either. However, the notch is on the V40. Nuff said. I don't think it's as bad as the Pixel 3XL though.
It just seems that with LG, you're always missing a feature or two.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if the G7 or the upcoming V40 have wireless charging and waterproof, either. However, the notch is on the V40. Nuff said. I don't think it's as bad as the Pixel 3XL though.
It just seems that with LG, you're always missing a feature or two.
The G7'S is both water resistant and features wireless charging. The V40 will as well.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
wait for V40 will have 3 cameras at the rear and 2 in front and mite have bigger battery...I still have G6 as back up phone...will upgrade to V40 if price is right..now I use 3 phones daily Note 9 main 2nd Note 5 pro and 3rd iPhone 6s

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
It really depends on what you are looking for. Overall, yes the Note 9 has more fancy features, nicer display, and of course the S-Pen.

LG is by no means a bad phone, I've had several going back to the G4 through the G6 with a couple V series in between. It's a wide generalization, but typically LG cameras are geared more towards the manual set up vs Samsung is more adept at the point and shoot.

As far as the UX, LG is a bit 'plain' compared to Samsung's which usually meant an overall quicker feel to LG, but Samsung has made many improvements over what TouchWiz used to be.

You can't really go 'wrong' with either device, and unless you can get the same deal on the Note 9, I don't know that you would be feeling let down with the G7 unless you really wanted the S-Pen.

My 2 cents :)

Cheers