Note 9 or S10+

cajunrph

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm on T Mobile and trying to decide between the S10+ and the Note 9. They are the same price. Which is odd, I'd think that Samsung would be slashing prices as the Note 10 is just around the corner. I had a S9 but the battery life was horrid and switched to a One Plus6T. I've never had a Note before so I have no experience with the S-Pen. I guess that's good and bad. Haha.

I know I can get a cheaper Note on eBay but I'm hesitant to go with an international version for it not working with Samsung pay. I don't think you'll be a part of any of the US promotions for Samsung pay. But at an almost $400 discount, that would cover a bunch of promotions.

Also anyone knows how the international version are updated? Are you stuck with the version you bought, or does Samsung push out OTA updates? I could always root the phone, but I've gotten away from even turning on my computer lately as I can do almost all I need to on my phone or work computer.

I know the S10 has a faster processor, better and more cameras, a better screen with thinner bevels. But that dammed hole punch. Someone should have their hind end kicked for that. Hell, copy OnePlus tear drop if anything. Who needs two front facing cameras anyway?

The Note was the best there was just a few months ago. From the reviews I've seen pitting the Note 9 vs the S10+ the real life differences between the two are negligible. But for the same price, is the S-Pen worth being a generation behind on the processor? In theory I'd get another year of use out of the S10+.

Anyone have any experience using the Exynos chipped Samsung phones in the US? And your experience with Samsung pay and the Exynos chipped phones as well. I might just take a chance on the international version as it $499 now on eBay. Or should I wait a till the Note 10 comes out and snag a cheaper Note 9? What do y'all think?

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I would get the S10+. If you're not in a hurry, wait for the official note 10 release info and pricing. I have the note 9 and the S10+, I prefer the S10. I would get the S10+ or note 10. Those are the 2 I would decide between. If you don't need the S pen, I would go with the S10+ then.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm on T Mobile and trying to decide between the S10+ and the Note 9. They are the same price. Which is odd, I'd think that Samsung would be slashing prices as the Note 10 is just around the corner. I had a S9 but the battery life was horrid and switched to a One Plus6T. I've never had a Note before so I have no experience with the S-Pen. I guess that's good and bad. Haha.

I know I can get a cheaper Note on eBay but I'm hesitant to go with an international version for it not working with Samsung pay. I don't think you'll be a part of any of the US promotions for Samsung pay. But at an almost $400 discount, that would cover a bunch of promotions.

Also anyone knows how the international version are updated? Are you stuck with the version you bought, or does Samsung push out OTA updates? I could always root the phone, but I've gotten away from even turning on my computer lately as I can do almost all I need to on my phone or work computer.

I know the S10 has a faster processor, better and more cameras, a better screen with thinner bevels. But that dammed hole punch. Someone should have their hind end kicked for that. Hell, copy OnePlus tear drop if anything. Who needs two front facing cameras anyway?

The Note was the best there was just a few months ago. From the reviews I've seen pitting the Note 9 vs the S10+ the real life differences between the two are negligible. But for the same price, is the S-Pen worth being a generation behind on the processor? In theory I'd get another year of use out of the S10+.

Anyone have any experience using the Exynos chipped Samsung phones in the US? And your experience with Samsung pay and the Exynos chipped phones as well. I might just take a chance on the international version as it $499 now on eBay. Or should I wait a till the Note 10 comes out and snag a cheaper Note 9? What do y'all think?
Hi, the international version get software updates first , I have both note 9 and s10+ and what you say about the s10 is true but the note is a beast , it's little bigger and heavier then s10. Battery wise same , even if you don't use the spen for drawing , you can use it to take notes down when a pen and paper not available. It also has a Bluetooth spen and can do few tricks with it , best if you check in person at a store see if it's right for you both.

cajunrph

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi, the international version get software updates first , I have both note 9 and s10+ and what you say about the s10 is true but the note is a beast , it's little bigger and heavier then s10. Battery wise same , even if you don't use the spen for drawing , you can use it to take notes down when a pen and paper not available. It also has a Bluetooth spen and can do few tricks with it , best if you check in person at a store see if it's right for you both.
I was wondering if WiFi calling on T-Mobile worked on the international versions. I know there's a flash to do at the XDA forum. The one I read says you loose Samsung Cloud (which I don't need) and Samsung pay (which I want) permanently. I'm guessing on that phone not blackballed by Samsung to dare to flash their chip.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
You should look at swappa.com for new and used. I've not had much luck, with the few phones I've bought on ebay. They were misrepresented in some way. In 30 swappa purchases, I've had only one dud, but it worked out, via PayPal.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was wondering if WiFi calling on T-Mobile worked on the international versions. I know there's a flash to do at the XDA forum. The one I read says you loose Samsung Cloud (which I don't need) and Samsung pay (which I want) permanently. I'm guessing on that phone not blackballed by Samsung to dare to flash their chip.
I wouldn't try to flash the Exynos version on the snapdragon non compatible different chips .

cajunrph

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't try to flash the Exynos version on the snapdragon non compatible different chips .
That's not what I meant. I was saying if I bought an Exynos chipped version, from what I understand I'd have to flash the phone to get WiFi calling to working. If I had a Snapdragon chipped one there's no need to flash for the wifi calling to work. It's already there.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's not what I meant. I was saying if I bought an Exynos chipped version, from what I understand I'd have to flash the phone to get WiFi calling to working. If I had a Snapdragon chipped one there's no need to flash for the wifi calling to work. It's already there.
Oh ok , I'm not sure if WiFi calling would work on Exynos here , I'm also on T-Mobile and I don't use it on any of my device I get pretty good reception.

cajunrph

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Oh ok , I'm not sure if WiFi calling would work on Exynos here , I'm also on T-Mobile and I don't use it on any of my device I get pretty good reception.
My phone automatically uses WiFi calling. Mostly indoors. I may just snag a used one and save the coin. I'll cover it in a dbrand skin or case anyway. It's the same price as a new Exynos processor one. Save the headache.

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
The Note 10 is getting unveiled in one month. I would wait. Not only will the Note 9 prices go down, but so will the S10 prices as the used market for those two phones will get saturated IF the Note 10 looks good and appealing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe