Note 9 stereo speakers???

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, the dual speakers aren't on all the time, such as on a speakerphone call. I think it just activates while on YouTube and music.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I just checked and both speakers are on even during speakerphone calls. In fact, I don't think I've ever had a case where both speakers were not always on. The dual speakers are also a major reason why I jumped on the Note 9.

sean3089

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Reset settings and reset network settings(not factory reset) and now I have 2 speakers working for the first time since I bought the phone about 2 months ago.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Reset settings and reset network settings(not factory reset) and now I have 2 speakers working for the first time since I bought the phone about 2 months ago.

Wow that's crazy! I'm glad it's working for you now like it's supposed to.

NyxieStyx

Dec 3, 2018
Visit site
I dont know if this helps, but I literally found this out about 5 minutes ago. If I cover the sensors to the left side of ear speaker, the ear speaker turns off until I uncover it. It might be a software issue tied to whatever sensor that is.

Additional Info: covering that censor cluster shuts off the speaker for YouTube and spotify. I'll update the list as I try it with more apps

Last edited:

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
I dont know if this helps, but I literally found this out about 5 minutes ago. If I cover the sensors to the left side of ear speaker, the ear speaker turns off until I uncover it. It might be a software issue tied to whatever sensor that is.

Additional Info: covering that censor cluster shuts off the speaker for YouTube and spotify. I'll update the list as I try it with more apps

I just noticed Saturday that my earpiece speaker doesn't work on spotify netflix, directtv now... the only thing covering it is my screen protector. i read somewhere that there may be an update to fix this, but has anyone else have any info on this?