Note20 scratching?

macfan406

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else see very small scratches on their Note20? I baby my devices and take very good care of them, especially when new so this came as a shock to me... maybe it’s not as scratch resistant as they thought...image.jpg

macfan406

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Very odd choice for Samsung to not include one out of the box this time around. The unfortunate thing is my Amazon order for one was supposed to come today and got delayed...

Fletchman74

Aug 23, 2019
Visit site
My screen is fine but it does have scuffs and scratches around the edges of the phone. The prices keep going up but the quality is going down.

macfan406

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
That's very scary. Do they wipe off or are they actual scratches in the glass?

Actual scratches in the glass. Very disappointing for my brand new phone. My iPhone by comparison is only starting to show very small micro abrasions after a few months of getting it replaced for a damaged screen

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Actual scratches in the glass. Very disappointing for my brand new phone. My iPhone by comparison is only starting to show very small micro abrasions after a few months of getting it replaced for a damaged screen

I would be exchanging that straight away. My OCD can't do scratches.

macfan406

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
My screen is fine but it does have scuffs and scratches around the edges of the phone. The prices keep going up but the quality is going down.

The sides of mine are fine.

This definitely should not have been $999. $799 would have been a much better price for the trade offs they made.

macfan406

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
No dice. I called Samsung to try to change my protection plan over from my Note10. Fun fact: You can only buy Samsung Care Plus at time of purchase. So my plan of just transferring the plan over and paying a $99 deductible to just be done with it. They said to call a supervisor on Monday, which I plan to do. There is no way Samsung's answer is just "Sorry you just paid $999 for a phone and it scratched shortly after being out of the box. We're also sorry that you can't transfer your protection plan over suddenly after we changed our policy right after we shipped your phone. Good luck with your wasted money."

If that's the final answer, I will be looking for a different manufacturer for my secondary Android device.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
No dice. I called Samsung to try to change my protection plan over from my Note10. Fun fact: You can only buy Samsung Care Plus at time of purchase. So my plan of just transferring the plan over and paying a $99 deductible to just be done with it. They said to call a supervisor on Monday, which I plan to do. There is no way Samsung's answer is just "Sorry you just paid $999 for a phone and it scratched shortly after being out of the box. We're also sorry that you can't transfer your protection plan over suddenly after we changed our policy right after we shipped your phone. Good luck with your wasted money."

If that's the final answer, I will be looking for a different manufacturer for my secondary Android device.
Yeah, this has been the case for the last number of Notes.. You can only get it at time of purchase. If the coverage ever lapses, you cannot get it back. This is another reason why I usually sign up for it as I can always cancel it. I remember I had my Note 9 coverage lapse and I begged them to get it back and there was no way for them to do it. So, good luck and hope they can do it for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal