Note20 scratching?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I’ll raise the issue with Samsung support tomorrow. Shame cause other than that it’s been a spectacular device.

Are you saying the scratches were there when you remove the protective cover right out of the box? Or are you saying that you thought that the screen was supposed to be more scratch-resistant?

I mean looking at the it looks like a scuff. It sounds like you've had the phone for a little bit so I'm very confused whether or not you saw him the first day that you open the box

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
No dice. I called Samsung to try to change my protection plan over from my Note10. Fun fact: You can only buy Samsung Care Plus at time of purchase. So my plan of just transferring the plan over and paying a $99 deductible to just be done with it. They said to call a supervisor on Monday, which I plan to do. There is no way Samsung's answer is just "Sorry you just paid $999 for a phone and it scratched shortly after being out of the box. We're also sorry that you can't transfer your protection plan over suddenly after we changed our policy right after we shipped your phone. Good luck with your wasted money."

If that's the final answer, I will be looking for a different manufacturer for my secondary Android device.
You can buy a Square Trade plan

sincere11105

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
No dice. I called Samsung to try to change my protection plan over from my Note10. Fun fact: You can only buy Samsung Care Plus at time of purchase. So my plan of just transferring the plan over and paying a $99 deductible to just be done with it. They said to call a supervisor on Monday, which I plan to do. There is no way Samsung's answer is just "Sorry you just paid $999 for a phone and it scratched shortly after being out of the box. We're also sorry that you can't transfer your protection plan over suddenly after we changed our policy right after we shipped your phone. Good luck with your wasted money."

If that's the final answer, I will be looking for a different manufacturer for my secondary Android device.
Get the insurance from your carrier. They should still allow it

macfan406

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this has been the case for the last number of Notes.. You can only get it at time of purchase. If the coverage ever lapses, you cannot get it back. This is another reason why I usually sign up for it as I can always cancel it. I remember I had my Note 9 coverage lapse and I begged them to get it back and there was no way for them to do it. So, good luck and hope they can do it for you.

I was able to apply it after the fact for my Note10. So that's really annoying.

macfan406

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying the scratches were there when you remove the protective cover right out of the box? Or are you saying that you thought that the screen was supposed to be more scratch-resistant?

I mean looking at the it looks like a scuff. It sounds like you've had the phone for a little bit so I'm very confused whether or not you saw him the first day that you open the box

I honestly don't know. It wasn't out for more than an hour before I noticed the scratches, and it had been sitting out in the open, not in contact with anything. A book may have been placed on it, but nothing near a 6 or 7 on Mohs scale.

I've had it since last Wednesday and it appeared on the first day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord