Notice of available update.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I just received a notice that an Android 13 update is available. 'CLICK TO RESTART'.
My device is working perfectly. I've had NONE of the problems reported here, including BATTERY LIFE.
Does the "CLICK TO RESTART mean that the update is already installed, or will the update install if I click it?
I don't want to fix" WHAT AIN'T BROKE " and I'm very reluctant to CLICK TO RESTART.
Your thoughts please.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If you ever reboot your phone on your own it will automatically update anyway. Can't fight the process, just go with it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The update has been downloaded to one of the dual partitions and is ready to install. It'll install the next time you reboot the phone. You'd have to never reboot your phone to avoid installing, but I'm guessing at some point it will force you to install the update.

Android 13 has been smooth and problem-free on my Pixel 6 Pro. I would recommend going ahead with the update.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I just received a notice that an Android 13 update is available. 'CLICK TO RESTART'.
My device is working perfectly. I've had NONE of the problems reported here, including BATTERY LIFE.
Does the "CLICK TO RESTART mean that the update is already installed, or will the update install if I click it?
I don't want to fix" WHAT AIN'T BROKE " and I'm very reluctant to CLICK TO RESTART.
Your thoughts please.

There are ways to get around updates if you really don't want them... or at least it worked on my pixel 3XL and back. You need to set your phone to do system updates over wi-fi only. Your phone will only update itself over wi-fi when it's plugged in and charging while on... so if you make a habit of never charging your phone while at home on wi-fi, with the phone on, it'll never auto update.

I got in the habit of turning my phones off at night then charging them before bed, since we have a land line. When I felt the update was bug free I'd hit check for updates and install it.

That's what I did on my Z Flip 3... but alas, the last updates still trashed it badly :( I don't know why Samsung can't make updates that work :-\

But on a good note you're using a pixel, and Android 13 has proven to be a great update :D And you can't really stop the update at this point, so close all your apps, shut your phone completely off... wait 30 seconds, turn it on and update. And when the updates done, be sure and turn your phone off and back on 2 more times, because it will still be finishing the update.. you'll probably see a message or 2 saying as much.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. You're right again. When I turned on my Pixel 6 this AM, the update finished.
It appears ALL IS WELL.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. You're right again. When I turned on my Pixel 6 this AM, the update finished.
It appears ALL IS WELL.

We wouldn't steer you wrong.... me, you, and B. Diddy were the 3 Musketeers of the pixel 3 line, the last to give those sweet pixels up and step up to the next generation :p ;) I took a quick Samsung detour but I'm back in the pixel 6 fold... it was inevitable :cool:

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If it wasn't for a total failure of my Pixel 3,I'd probably still be using it. Since I was forced to replace my Pixel 3, I went for the Pixel 6. After some adjustments, it's running perfectly.
One of the reasons I stayed with the Pixel line was folks like you with your expertise and patience. You folks are my unsung heroes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy