Noticed this.....

donb2010

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Received my S24 Ultra yesterday and noticed a couple of things right away,
1) Set enter pin without pressing OK, seems to be no longer an option
2) Swipe gestures in the navigation bar has only home and back, no recent apps

I may be wrong, if anyone knows how to solve these, please reply. Thank you!

DecipherThis

Jan 19, 2024
Visit site
Since A14 you need to have a 6 pin code to be able to enter pin without pressing OK. Supposedly this is a work around but I haven't tested it.

1. enter a 6-digit PIN in Set new PIN, where the first 4 digits are your actual PIN, so that the field appears with the check mark for "Confirm without PIN"​
2. remove the tick and set it again (!)​
3. delete the last two digits of the 6-digit PIN and press "Next" very quickly (must be done really quickly!)​
4. confirm the 4-digit PIN​
5. that's it: unlocking now works without OK. If not, you were not quick enough in step 3 or forgot step 2!​

Also i have recent apps on my nav bar but didn't do anything specific to get it I don't think.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240127_110250_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240127_110250_One UI Home.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 125

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Received my S24 Ultra yesterday and noticed a couple of things right away,
1) Set enter pin without pressing OK, seems to be no longer an option
2) Swipe gestures in the navigation bar has only home and back, no recent apps

I may be wrong, if anyone knows how to solve these, please reply. Thank you!
If you pulled data from an old device, go into lock screen and change your PIN, You can set it to the same PIN, but this will enable the no OK thing.

Second, swipe up from the bottom to the middle of the screen to access task switcher.

As an extra tip, you can swipe left and right in the navigation area at the bottom of the screen to quickly switch between recent apps.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
If you pulled data from an old device, go into lock screen and change your PIN, You can set it to the same PIN, but this will enable the no OK thing.

Second, swipe up from the bottom to the middle of the screen to access task switcher.

As an extra tip, you can swipe left and right in the navigation area at the bottom of the screen to quickly switch between recent apps.
I believe the gestures are the same now as Google's from what I see in the description of actions being mentioned by members ..think just need to get used to them for most

Reactions: gendo667

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

I can't have a 4 digit pin without clicking OK. Can you explain how to do this again please?

MKREdit

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The 1st solution worked for me on the 1st try and I was convinced it didn't. You'll know that it worked if when the keypad comes up the OK is dim.

Reactions: jtfwTX

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
The 1st solution worked for me on the 1st try and I was convinced it didn't. You'll know that it worked if when the keypad comes up the OK is dim.
You're lucky I can't get it.
So I have a 4 digit pin now
I change it to 6 but untick click ok, delete last 2 digits then move forward correct?
I keep trying but it never works.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You're lucky I can't get it.
So I have a 4 digit pin now
I change it to 6 but untick click ok, delete last 2 digits then move forward correct?
I keep trying but it never works.
This is me, I've tried and tried and just can't get it. Looks like I'll just have you get use to clicking OK.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
This is me, I've tried and tried and just can't get it. Looks like I'll just have you get use to clicking OK.
I even factory reset and did Samsung switch again in case I missed the untick option of avoiding click ok, but nope. Not on the 2nd try either. I'm going to live with it also.

• Sad
Reactions: Emig5m

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Not losing our minds but just annoyed. Android is all about customization right? I would like a 4 digit pin and not having to press ok. Am I going to return the phone? No. Just annoyed. 😐

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I followed the instructions and it works great! I am back to a 4 digit PIN without having to press OK.
Read carefully and do exactly hat it says. The key is to turn of (de-select) the option, and then just reselect it immediately. I actually did it two times and it worked both times! YMMV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej