Notification Bar Slides Down While Locked

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This is new to me...didn't happen with any of my other EVO's. I suppose it improves productivity to unlock and check a notification...I'm just not used to it and worry about accidental unlocks while in my pocket.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
It's an ICS thing.

And unless there is flesh in your pocket, I wouldn't worry about accidental unlocks.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's an ICS thing.

And unless there is flesh in your pocket, I wouldn't worry about accidental unlocks.

I've accidentally unlocked my phone before sliding it into my jeans with the screen still on. (I always keep the screen towards my body...fits better in my jeans). The capacitive screen still seems to work through the fabric of my pants pocket and will grab the unlock ring and unlock as I slide it into my pocket.

Maybe this is a sign that my pants are too tight... :-\

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
It's an ICS "feature." I actually found it really handy on CM9, especially if you have toggles in your notification pulldown - makes it easy to toggle wifi or airplane mode without having to fully unlock the phone.
The lockscreen pulldown is disabled when you have any kind of password enabled if you're worried about accidental unlocks.

Reactions: RG129

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid