Notification Sounds Bother My Dog

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Why are the responses looking for the least likely reason? From the start the S10 had a dog whistle in its speakers. Thanks for the responses, but I am sure that the frequency of the S10 is the issue.
I like having different sounds for different apps, but then its a problem due to the high frequencies of the S10 speakers.
4 years without a solution , what do you want to do at this point ? Another device?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Since the notification sounds on your HTC phones didn't seem to affect your dog, I'd search the internet & see if you can find some HTC notifications. Zedge might have some. Install them on your s10 & test it out.

Poor pooch! This must be so upsetting.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Why are the responses looking for the least likely reason? From the start the S10 had a dog whistle in its speakers. Thanks for the responses, but I am sure that the frequency of the S10 is the issue.
I like having different sounds for different apps, but then its a problem due to the high frequencies of the S10 speakers.

Either way you already know the answer, get a new phone or get a new dog. You probably shouldn't have been making the poor creature put up with it for as long as you have if I'm being honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
We are all looking for any reasonable explanation for a very unusual issue. The fact that Laura Knotek had an S10+ and had no issues around dogs would suggest that it's not a problem with the S10 series in general. As I mentioned before, I still think the problem has to do with a hardware issue in your specific phone.

Does this happen in Safe Mode? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/. This can help narrow the issue down to something you installed vs the system or hardware. If your dog continues to shy away from the phone in Safe Mode, then it has to do with the system or hardware. The next step would be a factory reset. If the problem persists after a factory reset, then probably your last option would be to reflash the firmware, in case the existing copy on the phone has become corrupt (mustang7757 would be able to help with that).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
We are all looking for any reasonable explanation for a very unusual issue. The fact that Laura Knotek had an S10+ and had no issues around dogs would suggest that it's not a problem with the S10 series in general. As I mentioned before, I still think the problem has to do with a hardware issue in your specific phone.

Does this happen in Safe Mode? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/. This can help narrow the issue down to something you installed vs the system or hardware. If your dog continues to shy away from the phone in Safe Mode, then it has to do with the system or hardware. The next step would be a factory reset. If the problem persists after a factory reset, then probably your last option would be to reflash the firmware, in case the existing copy on the phone has become corrupt (mustang7757 would be able to help with that).
Definitely can if OP wants to give it a try

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia