Notifications on The Blend ICS and Calkulin's ICS ROMs

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been running both of these ROMS and I am having issues with the notification sounds. I never know when I am getting an email or a text msg unless I look at the light.

Anyone know if I did something wrong or if everyone is having this issue and whether the Devs are working on this issue?

Thanks for any info guys.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It's a bug with Samsung's ICS builds. It may be fixed with the FC15 build though from what I read. In the meantime there are some 3rd party apps you can use to get notification sounds working correctly.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I sure hope they get it fixed soon. Thanks Jay!

I can confirm that notification sounds and vibration are fixed as of build FC15. It looks like Samsung is polishing up the ROM and fixing the little nagging issues. I'd say we're getting close to the final build.

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Hoping that Culakin updates his Tweeked ICS ROM then. Not having notification sounds sucks big time!

Thanks again Jay!

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
This issue is easily fixed. Download Iphone Notifications or WP7 Notifications from Google Play. Its is stated on this forum post #3
[ROM][TN] MIJJz BLEND ICS [FC14][OS 4.0.3] "THE GOODNESS" [v2.3][3/16/2012] - xda-developers

Yeah, but that seems like a crappy work around. I'm hoping the dev's get it fixed soon. This issue and some weirdness with GPS once in a while are the only real hiccups Culakin's tweeked ICS ROM has.

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I did end up downloading the iphone notifications app and that is working pretty well. Thanks for all your help guys. Now if i can just get my browser to go to the mobile android central site I will be all set. Any ideas on how I can get the browser to go to mobile site can't seem to figure it out and I'm feeling kinda dumb. LOL

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I am on Calkulin's Tweaked ICS ROM version 1.3 and the notification sounds work sometimes and then for some reason doesn't work. Not sure what causes the sounds to go. I even switched to the standard sounds that come with the phone because I read somewhere that could be an issue and it is still sort of hit and miss. It seems like the notifications work right after I restart the phone for a while, then over time they stop working. Very frustrating for sure.

I know about the iPhone notification work around but to be honest, I HATE the iFruit and don't want that crap on my phone. LOL There was talk higher up on this thread about a fix coming soon as Sprint gets closer to a final build. Any word if that is still coming?

I realize I am complaining and moaning about an experimental build... *slapping my wrist as I type this*.... but I know many on this board know more about these issues than a newbie like me, so I am hoping you can give me some guidance with this problem. Just don't text or email me cause I won't hear them. LOL:confused:

Thanks for any info about this problem guys!:)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeFunct1222