Nougat

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
So several Android sites have reported that Nougat has been released to the Verizon Z/ZF, and I see one or two over in the ZF forum that confirm (but most not).

Has anyone with a Z actually received it? Manual check or automatic? Obviously, I have not.

Last edited:

SoulDj673

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I got mine on Wednesday, it's pretty good so far. As for the quiet notifications I've never had this problem, even with Marshmallow.

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I got it today (also bought the Z today with bb dpp). Also got a security patch roll out after the 7.0.

Anyone able to confirm that Daydream VR works with it now?

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Also I noticed the battery life is slightly worse with Nougat. I wiped the cache partition. Maybe it needs a little more time to settle in.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I figured out what was making my phone stutter a bit and slow down. It wasn't the Nougat update, it was Moto actions swipe to shrink screen. I turned it off.
Thanks to Mike-Mike in comment section of front article.

Attachments

• 36391.jpg
    36391.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 50

TrMacDonal

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I figured out what was making my phone stutter a bit and slow down. It wasn't the Nougat update, it was Moto actions swipe to shrink screen. I turned it off.
Thanks to Mike-Mike in comment section of front article.

You don't have to turn it off. You can go into accessibility settings and turn off Moto actions accessibility that reacts to changes in magnification. Once you do that the scrolling is smooth again.